16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  16ga Citori weight
J.B.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:11 pm  Reply with quote

Hello all, I am considering purchasing a 16ga Citori 28" bbls and pow stock. Can any of you with the same gun please tell me what they weigh? I am looking for a gun right at about 7lbs and wonder if this would fit the bill. Thanks for any help, Jon
20m3s
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:21 pm  Reply with quote

6 3/4 lbs. for my Citori 16 with 28 inch barrels, round knob, schnable forearm and silver alloy (lightning?) receiver.

-20m3s
kgb
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:53 pm  Reply with quote

I just sold my grade III with 28" barrels and it was exactly 7.0lbs on a shipping scale. Probably a couple ounces lighter when original, but I'd installed a recoil pad. The stock on that gun was hollowed, I presume by
the factory, but it's the only Citori I've ever owned and have no comparisons.

20m3s, the alloy receiver should mean a "feather" model.

kgb

Larry Brown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:23 am  Reply with quote

JB, the one you want is the standard Lightning. Should weigh close to 7, especially if you get 28" barrels. Superlight or Lightning Feather will be quite a bit lighter.

20m3s, I'm very surprised to hear of a Lightning Feather that weighs 6 3/4. Schnabel forend . . . wonder if maybe you don't have a White Lightning, which would be heavier? Far as I know, the Lightning Feather has a "field" forend, no schnabel. I recently picked up a Lightning Feather 20/28 2 barrel set. With the 20ga barrels (27"), it weighs just under 6#.
20m3s
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:15 am  Reply with quote

Larry, You're probably right about the model being a White Lightning -- I'm not actually sure which model I have.

It's one of the Scheel's guns and I picked it up used, without a box. It does have a silver receiver (no feather) so maybe it's steel with a sliver nitride finish?

I just checked with my brother, who has one also -- he said "Lightning Field" is the model designation on the box.

-20m3s
Dave Erickson
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am  Reply with quote

I had one of the newer standard blued Lightnings with 28" barrels (round knob stock) and it weighed 6lbs 12 oz on my postal scale. Like most guns, there will be some wood density differences from gun to gun.
Ken
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:46 pm  Reply with quote

I weighed my standard lightning on a kitchen scale. Just a tad over 6 1/2 lbs. Not sure how good the scale is but thats what I got.
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:10 pm  Reply with quote

20m3s, I think it was Scheels that had the White Lightnings made up for them. And your description fits perfectly. That's a steel receiver, not alloy.
J.B.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:23 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like this gun will be right a 7 after a pad is added. Looks like the Clasic Lightning is the gun I am interested in. I dont see many for sale on the auction sites. What should a used one set me back? Thanks again, Jon
Larry Brown
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:54 pm  Reply with quote

JB, there's one for sale on the "guns for sale" forum, below. 28" barrels (harder to find than 26", and will add a little weight) plus several extra choke tubes. I think the asking price is fair.
chilly460
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:33 pm  Reply with quote

I have a 28" White Lightning that weighs 6lb 10oz on a kitchen scale.