16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Last day of quail season - pictures
AmarilloMike
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:02 pm  Reply with quote

Sunday February 25th was the last day of season. I went out with my friend Chubby (Stephen), his lab Lindy and Pointer Jake and my Brittany Beau. We left Amarillo at 6:00 AM and started hunting about half an hour after sunrise. We saw four covies, had some productive points, and put some birds in the bag. I couldn't hit nothin.

Chubby has a four wheeler and has it rigged up where his two turdhounds go in a plastic crate on back and I sit behind him and in front of the crate. Beau sits on my left - I hang on to him to keep him on. Looks like a scene out of "Grapes of Wrath" - I would be Henry Fonda naturally, Chubby most resembles "Ma".

Chubby takes me cause his dogs are so sorry and he can't find any birds with them and he needs my Beau dog - and because I am such a gracious guest and am so much fun to hunt with. Here is what his dogs spend most of their time doing - both males by the way:

That is my Parker 16 gauge VHE strapped down in front of the handle bars.

It was hot - here is Beau cooling off in a puddle - he was exhausted from doing all the dog work. I showed you in the previous picture what Chubby's dogs were doing:

Here is Chubby holding the last bird of the season.

Here is a link to my photobucket site. You are welcome to browse around:
http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l274/AmarilloMike/LastDay2007/

I need Prozac or an eighteen year old girlfriend or a new SxS shotgun cause I am headed into a deep depression.

Best,

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:42 pm  Reply with quote

Mike, you're just way too entertaining--I almost spit my drink all over my keyboard!

Does Chubby know what you say on this board about him and his dogs?
AmarilloMike
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:13 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah - I email a link to him. The good part is he is barely internet literate and can't retaliate on the bulletin board. But he is funny in person - he and his best friend Tubby are as funny as the Marx Brothers when they get together.

Thanks!

Mikie

fin2feather
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:21 pm  Reply with quote

Chubby and Tubby? How can that NOT be funny Laughing ?!

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
sprocket
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:56 pm  Reply with quote

I will recommend getting a new gun - in the end you will have spent a lot of money on meds, a woman or both and have nothing to show for it at all accept maybe receipts.

The gun on the other hand will live in your safe and you only have to take it out if you want to, it will not complain nor will it give you unexpected side effects.

Take your time and search for just the right one - possibly the more finicky you are about it the longer your search will be and thus the distraction from your symptoms.

All of us here will assuredly be envious in only 2 of the choices provided as many here need Prozac or a new gun.

Best of luck in your solution.

P.S. - I'm not gonna give you any sympathy for your season ender as mine was over a month and a half ago.
deaned
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:30 pm  Reply with quote

Isn't it great that Mike has such a great friend like chubby. The way I see it Chubby fills all the feaders, rigs the four wheeler, and brings the dogs that can point. All the while beau (Mike's dog) wades around in puddles. From what Chubby tells me, it's like Mike goes on guided hunts for free. Not only does Mike miss just about every bird, but he's always telling stories about his dogs going on point...the only problem is every time we go to flush the birds, we find out his dogs are pointing cow patties. A lot of fun shooting at those is....
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:04 pm  Reply with quote

I'm NOT going to even make a post about the first pic and the dogs-- Shocked
AmarilloMike
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:51 pm  Reply with quote

Fin2Feather - they are a riot.

Sprocket - I agree, perhaps we can get the RevDocDrew to write a script for a 16 gauge LC Smith - I wonder if my health insurance will cover it? A month and a half? Why don't you move? Only 181 days to opening day of dove season!

deaned - Are you Chubby or Tubby - and who got you registered to post? It was either Charlie or EW - I know neither one of you "intelligence challenged" ones did it on your own. And if you had bought French Brittanys instead of English Pointers and Draft Hares you wouldn't need feeders as your dog could find the birds wherever they are. And I have more pictures to prove that incident in the top pictures wasn't just a moment of "bad judgement" but a regular event.

hoashooter - Beau stays as far as he can from those two and sits down when they get close. The worst for him is when he goes on point and they come up behind him - he becomes really nervous.

Mike

hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:48 pm  Reply with quote

Very Happy Embarassed Shocked Rolling Eyes Wink