16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Browning A5 16ga.
skeet16
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:27 pm  Reply with quote

Ok, here I go again thinking about buying another gun. Saw a A5 at a local shop yesterday I'll try to discribe it best I can. It said Fabrique Nationale on the side and had no scroll engraving on it. It had a raised solid rib and the wood and blueing were extremly nice with no visible scratches or dings.It also had what appeared to be swivels for a sling (factory?) How old is this gun and is the $499 price in line?
Jeff Mulliken
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:32 am  Reply with quote

It's a grade 1, no engraving. Factory sling swivels were common on the early guns. Does it say Browning on the barrel? How is the company name worded (exactly). Also, post the serial number and I'll give you the year of manufacture.

If it's in it's original finish on wood and metal and with a solid rib barrel that matches number to the receiver it's a good price.

Assuming it's a 16 ga....if so it probably has short chambers. Do you know how to tell if it was conveted to 2 3/4" shells? If not let me know and I hook you up with a link that will help.

They are fine guns and a hoot to shoot.

Jeff
skeet16
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:36 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Jeff. I'm not sure of the exact wording and I'll have to try and make some time this week to look at it again. Yes it was a 16ga. if I decide I'm not going to buy it I'll let the rest of you know where it is if anyone is interested.

Tony