16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  More 16ga Citoris on the way..
britgun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:46 pm  Reply with quote

16'er wrote:
http://www.billhanusbirdguns.com/brwng06.html

Looks like Bill Hanus has updated his site for 2007..

...so if Bill's prices are too high, where can you find these that are fairly priced? Any suggestions? Looking at the blued receiver field gun with straight grip.... (superlight Grade I)...

brit

16'er
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:33 pm  Reply with quote

I got my 525 from Harris sporting. they list as BB05 or someting like that on gunbroker, and also list on GA. I emailed them prior to the last release to see if I could reserve a gun. They never responded untill they had the guns on hand. I sent them the money, they sent me the gun. that's my experience with them...
jig
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:08 pm  Reply with quote

Be carefull, I have read a few very, very bad experiences online with regard to Harris this year and last. I have no first hand experience and they may be fine - but as the Geico cavemen say - "yeah well next time maybe do a little research first'. Think I read the reports on shotgunworld.com
Don't think Brit is ready for another raw deal.
jig
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:14 pm  Reply with quote

Brit - you're talking citori Superlight Grade I, right? Regular steel blued gun.
Love those dang things. They just feel so nice and point so great with their straight stalks. I can one hand mine, point swing and shoot it that way no problem with the 26" bbls and all steel frame. Then just chuck it in the truck when I'm done. Wink
jig
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:19 pm  Reply with quote

Brit - those guns should run about 1695.00. Bill at least throws in a couple brileys though. i like the the briley extended tubes cuz they give me a strap on 27"bbl out of a 26"bbl. Plus they are convenient to screw in and out with their knurled finger grip ends - no dang choke wrench required. Quick in - quick out. Brit -since your used to such light guns, may I suggest you get a sling for your citori? They make these real cool ones that require no hardware.
britgun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:16 pm  Reply with quote

jig wrote:
Brit - those guns should run about 1695.00. Bill at least throws in a couple brileys though. i like the the briley extended tubes cuz they give me a strap on 27"bbl out of a 26"bbl. Plus they are convenient to screw in and out with their knurled finger grip ends - no dang choke wrench required. Quick in - quick out. Brit -since your used to such light guns, may I suggest you get a sling for your citori? They make these real cool ones that require no hardware.

thanks, I've got swivels off my shot out 220 Swift I can use....

jig
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:34 pm  Reply with quote

Brit - you wouldnt....would you? Swivels?

Brit, i swear this sling works actually better than swivels and doesnt interfere with feel on forend or anywhere - hardly even know its there. I think it was only like 20 bucks or something. I don't use one on my superlight cuz I'm a young stud, but I did on the 8LB GTS, which is now gone
CitoriFeather16
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:44 pm  Reply with quote

Jig: Didn't you just buy that GTS? I wish I knew how to get rid of them as quick as you do. I've been trying to move a Citori XS Skeet for a little while now!

Matt
J.B.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:48 pm  Reply with quote

Looks like John Boyd will have a few soon. He is a stand up dealer. Here is his site.

http://www.arrieta.com/
jig
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:30 pm  Reply with quote

I just ran into a deal that just appeared out of thin air. The dealer had two guns I really wanted and I just traded straight across for them. Thats how i got the superlight and the ultra xs 28GA. It was a really fair deal and good for both of us. The dealer wanted my gun for himself - just what he was looking for. And he had just what I needed. sometimes you just get lucky.
That said, I never have trouble moving a gun if I want to - so many resources nowadays. Its a tangled web I weave - but oh so fun!
britgun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:58 pm  Reply with quote

jig wrote:
I just ran into a deal that just appeared out of thin air. The dealer had two guns I really wanted and I just traded straight across for them. Thats how i got the superlight and the ultra xs 28GA. It was a really fair deal and good for both of us. The dealer wanted my gun for himself - just what he was looking for. And he had just what I needed. sometimes you just get lucky.
That said, I never have trouble moving a gun if I want to - so many resources nowadays. Its a tangled web I weave - but oh so fun!

jig, seriously, maybe you should start a gun business, you are honest, a great salesman, and it's something you love...... somebody's pappy once said...."son, do what you really like to do, and figure out a way to make money at it"....dunno who's pappy, but it is good advice.....

PS I was just joshin about the swivels.....

britgun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:58 pm  Reply with quote

J.B. wrote:
Looks like John Boyd will have a few soon. He is a stand up dealer. Here is his site.

http://www.arrieta.com/

thanks, I'll have a look....

jig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:27 am  Reply with quote

Brit - I know, I will start my own multilevel marketing company for shotguns!!! Yes, using that model there would be no need for a shop or ready inventory. And I would simply make money on residuals as I signed up others to join the business. How come I didnt think of this before???

Seriously, you are right. I would absolutely love to have a gunshop, or even work at one. Wish gun dealers had outside sales guys that could make all the deals they wanted from home. I would galdly work on commission selling guns like that. Kind of a service type biz, where the client tells me what they are looking for and I go find it at the best price from the most reputable dealers for that brand -no matter where they are.

Problem is, the dealer here in my State that I would like to work at are family owned and operated interests, and the employees have all been there for years and years. Plus, its 90 miles from where I live. I would love to represent a manufacturer of guns such as browning. Where i could drive the territory, attend trade shows, various shoots and demo days events etc.

Driving a van around the country loaded with all types of shotguns to show and tell. How about door to door shotgun sales? Kind of like vaccum cleaner sales folks. Knock -knock, "who's there? M'am its your local shotgun dealer! Here we have a model for home protection that can easily slide under your apron while answering the door, then turns into a domestic violence relief tool all in one easy step. Then, for the man in your life, a seven pin sidelock english best. Too much money you say? Oh, well then here we have a Spanish double with all the attributes of the english best at half the price!!! M'am, trust me we've got what it takes to get er done - it's all good!
Now, for that youngster in your life? A scaled down version of snoop dog's drive by gun - oh don't worry M'am, it doesnt really shoot live ammo, but will keep him in practice for when he hits his teenage years. even plays hip hop out of this little ipod hidden in the reciever, just attach the headphones to the buttstock.

Brit - I really need a job. Ben interviewing,but when I share these ideas with them all, I guess its too revolutionary or something. Maybe I should start trying a more traditional approach.
britgun
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:01 am  Reply with quote

jig wrote:
Brit - I know, I will start my own multilevel marketing company for shotguns!!! Yes, using that model there would be no need for a shop or ready inventory. And I would simply make money on residuals as I signed up others to join the business. How come I didnt think of this before???

Seriously, you are right. I would absolutely love to have a gunshop, or even work at one. Wish gun dealers had outside sales guys that could make all the deals they wanted from home. I would galdly work on commission selling guns like that. Kind of a service type biz, where the client tells me what they are looking for and I go find it at the best price from the most reputable dealers for that brand -no matter where they are.

Problem is, the dealer here in my State that I would like to work at are family owned and operated interests, and the employees have all been there for years and years. Plus, its 90 miles from where I live. I would love to represent a manufacturer of guns such as browning. Where i could drive the territory, attend trade shows, various shoots and demo days events etc.

Driving a van around the country loaded with all types of shotguns to show and tell. How about door to door shotgun sales? Kind of like vaccum cleaner sales folks. Knock -knock, "who's there? M'am its your local shotgun dealer! Here we have a model for home protection that can easily slide under your apron while answering the door, then turns into a domestic violence relief tool all in one easy step. Then, for the man in your life, a seven pin sidelock english best. Too much money you say? Oh, well then here we have a Spanish double with all the attributes of the english best at half the price!!! M'am, trust me we've got what it takes to get er done - it's all good!
Now, for that youngster in your life? A scaled down version of snoop dog's drive by gun - oh don't worry M'am, it doesnt really shoot live ammo, but will keep him in practice for when he hits his teenage years. even plays hip hop out of this little ipod hidden in the reciever, just attach the headphones to the buttstock.

Brit - I really need a job. Ben interviewing,but when I share these ideas with them all, I guess its too revolutionary or something. Maybe I should start trying a more traditional approach.

maybe....or get an FFL application instead..... Smile