16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  F/S 16 Gauge Ithaca M37 NIB
budrichard
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:12 am  Reply with quote

This is NOS from the new Ithaca company, 16 Gauge, 26" barrel with what Ithaca calls 'Ultra Wood'. This is real wood and not a veneer or other type of application.
Unfired in the original case with all. A 1939 M37 16 Gauge is shown with the gun.
Asking $900 + shipping to your FFL. PM me if interested or any additional information is needed.-Dick

ckirk
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:18 am  Reply with quote

Nice looking gun. Is this M37 from the new Ithaca company out of Ohio? I was under the impression they were only making 12 ga. and maybe adding a 20 ga. model in the upcoming year. Am I way off base, or is this a 16 ga. model that was manufactured in years prior to the Marshall's taking ownership and moving the operation?
budrichard
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:16 am  Reply with quote

M37 Sold. Thanks to all the replies. -Dick
16ga.forever
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:38 pm  Reply with quote

My first gun was a 16 ga. Iver Johnson(Champion) single shot, which I have owned for 40 years. My love of the 16 ga. began at age 10.My love of the model 37 Ithaca began even earlier as I proudly trudged along with my BB gun trying to keep up with my dad and his model 37 12 ga. It would not be until I was age 16 or 17 that he finally let me use that 37 on solo hunting trips.I was hooked forever!!! I can't wait to get my new 16 ga. model 37!!! 16ga. forever Very Happy
Grousen
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:34 pm  Reply with quote

ckirk,
You are right. Ithaca hasn't made any 20 or 16 gauges yet all new from scratch with their own CNC machining. BudRichard said this gun ia a NOS gun, which means new old stock that the new Ithaca Guns USA had acquired from the old Ithaca Guns.
On these NOS guns, the new Ithaca simply assembled parts and pieces that had been made by the old Ithaca which the new Ithaca had acquired from the old Ithaca. Confusing eh.
Once the new Ithaca Guns USA gets their production up and running, I believe you will be quite impressed with the quality of their guns made on new CNC machining. Of course at the price they are asking for them they should be of first rate quality, and I believe they will be.
I have no financial stake in the new Ithaca Guns USA. I am just an old Ithaca lover who is really rooting for them to succeed, survive in a tough market, and flourish. I have three Ithacas now, two 16 gauge 37R's made in 1950 and 1952, as well as their Bicentennial gun made in 1975/1976. But I have every intention of buying a new gun from the new Ithaca so as to do my part in helping them flourish. I truly appreciate that the Marshall family has kept this fine old American gun company from being sold to an overseas firm, and are dramatically increasing the quality of manufacture from what it had become.
ckirk
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:18 am  Reply with quote

Grousen,
Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure what NOS meant. I figured it was something like what you explained. I think Savage may have done something similiar when they acquired the Fox name plate.

I am an Ithaca enthusiast as well. I had previuosly contacted the new Ithaca company in Sandusky asking if 16 ga.'s were available. The lady on the line told me the only thing they have offered to date was 12 ga.'s. This contributed further to my confusion.

Regards,
Chris
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:17 am  Reply with quote

What are the prices for the "new" Ithaca 16 gauges to be made in Upper Sandusky? For example, what would a 26" barrel, pistol grip Featherlite 16 ga. with vent rib and deluxe wood, cost? Looks like one could not reasonably expect delivery of same before about Christmas of this year?

henrybelton
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:53 pm  Reply with quote

How about a price for the old one below?