16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  16 ga Model 21 arrived today....back it goes.....
britgun
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:22 pm  Reply with quote

Prussian Gun Guy wrote:
britgun wrote:
Larry Brown wrote:
French major? Duncan . . . vous aussi??? Darn--we should both own Darnes!

I know, I know, languages came easy for me so it wouldn't cut into the fraternity debauching.... I hardly get to use it anymore, mais vous, a l'autre main, became a secret agent and used your's extensively..... "mon nom est Brun.....Larry Brun"..... I never liked them Darnes, but some of those other froggies suit me fine, je dois dire.....evidemment.....precisemment... Alors, les armes de chasse sans egals, n'est ce pas?

ton ami,

Duncan

PS Ton livre etait magnifique, je me sens que tu doit ecrire un autre......peut etre? Quelquejour? J'espere.....

Duh? Wha???

I was simply whispering sweet nothings to Larry in the language of love..... uh, sorry guys, we'll try to keep it private....

britgun
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:24 pm  Reply with quote

Prussian Gun Guy wrote:
I heard that at 2:16 this afternoon, there was a fire in a trash can on the observation deck of the Eifel Tower. At 2:18 this afternoon, the French government officially surrendered.

you mean, like what's the shortest book in the world?

French War Heroes....

jig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:38 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah I guess, sure hope the good muddling gets you through in your plight.

Here's the only French I've ever learned:

Como trouves tu Solange Duclos.
Eh bien elle t'sajolis
Asajolie, elle trajolis
Ma se tres intelligen
Ma pas si tres intellingent
C'est domage.
sprocket
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:08 pm  Reply with quote

hunshatt wrote:
Sprocket, dalwhinnie(sp) Low buck??? . Pick me up a case, I'm paying close to 50 a bottle.

cross the boarder to the north and check for sales - $35 or so for my bottle - maybe a touch more but still under $40
britgun
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:26 pm  Reply with quote

jig wrote:
Yeah I guess, sure hope the good muddling gets you through in your plight.

Here's the only French I've ever learned:

Como trouves tu Solange Duclos.
Eh bien elle t'sajolis
Asajolie, elle trajolis
Ma se tres intelligen
Ma pas si tres intellingent
C'est domage.

Dude, you got 2-3 diff languages goin there, but I'm positive it says somethin real sweet about me....

hunshatt
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:44 am  Reply with quote

What border? canadia?

sprocket
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:26 am  Reply with quote

NH - those rest stop liquor stores do quite a business Wink It's been a while since I could afford a $50 + bottle too...

It all depends on what sale you stumble into - I don't know if they have a website
jig
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:44 am  Reply with quote

Brit-when I had French in 7th grade, that Solang Duclos thing is the remains of trying to memorize for a test. I can neither write, spell or speak French at all (obviously). I just took a stab at it to see if you'd be able to wade through the mire and translate it for me. I ended up taking German as a high schooler and college student. Then went to live in Germany from 1978-1981 in the small town of Dulman near the germ/holland border. Heck, I can barely read and write English and thats supposed to be my #1 language.
britgun
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:20 am  Reply with quote

jig wrote:
Brit-when I had French in 7th grade, that Solang Duclos thing is the remains of trying to memorize for a test. I can neither write, spell or speak French at all (obviously). I just took a stab at it to see if you'd be able to wade through the mire and translate it for me. I ended up taking German as a high schooler and college student. Then went to live in Germany from 1978-1981 in the small town of Dulman near the germ/holland border. Heck, I can barely read and write English and thats supposed to be my #1 language.

sent you a PM

britgun
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:43 pm  Reply with quote

Hello Gents,

OK, I reluctantly bring this thread back up top for one last heave, but here's the final word on my saga with CSMC.

I got my refund check today, FINALLY, (it had been returned to them because of a zip code error so they had to resend it), but let me share a couple of quotes from the letter accompanying the check (which incidently did NOT come from Tony himself, he has yet to reply to the letter I wrote to him personally, which I shared with you all earlier on this thread, doubt he ever will, really):

...."Upon receiving the gun back from you, I closely examined this gun and in fact, there was a small bulge in one of the barrels that quite honestly, I did not originally see. You also mentioned several other issues with this gun, for which you were returning the gun to us within the inspection period we offer.

I wish to extend my sincerest apologies to you for originally missing these items; this gun was a consignment gun that was sent to us by a very good customer of ours that also was unaware of the gun's shortcomings. In fact, he immediately asked for the gun to be returned to him"........

As to their refunding me the return shipping, I quote:

....In your letter, you requested for a refund of $70.00 for the return shipping of the gun. In all fairness, we would have gladly sent out a UPS call tag, had you given us the opportunity to do so before sending the gun back. For this reason we will not be issuing you a refund for this amount."

Well guys, you may draw your own conclusions what is indeed "in all fairness" or not. I have obviously drawn my own, and they are so glaringly obvious that I'm sure I needn't even write them for any of you to know what they are.......

On a cheerier note: my old pal PGG went shoppin' for me (completely unbeknownst to me) and ran across a cherry Win 21 Skeet grade 16 bore choked WS1 and WS2, all original, for about $400 less than the CSMC dawg, and I am taking a look at it. I had pretty much shelved the notion to pursue another 21, but Peter found it, drove up and scoped it out, emailed me some pics, and, well, what the heck? I was on my way to Africa at the time and he even negotiated the deal on my behalf, for which I am very grateful....I'll let you all know.....I think this whole ordeal is about to have a happy ending after all...... Smile

brit

Larry Brown
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:17 am  Reply with quote

Duncan, guess I would not call that an entirely satisfactory resolution of the issue--but sounds like you're on the track of a better gun anyhow.

I missed your French love letter . . . another book? Maybe! I tried my CIA memoirs after the first edition of the pheasant book, but CIA shot that one down.
britgun
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:09 am  Reply with quote

Larry Brown wrote:
Duncan, guess I would not call that an entirely satisfactory resolution of the issue--but sounds like you're on the track of a better gun anyhow.

I missed your French love letter . . . another book? Maybe! I tried my CIA memoirs after the first edition of the pheasant book, but CIA shot that one down.

I KNEW you were a spook! that would have been a fascinating read, especially in your humble, easy reading, flowing style.... I hope you write another.... how about a shotgun and wing shooting book, or maybe hunting other bird species that you invariably encounter when you chase down roosters, like huns and sharps, and waterfowl?
...maybe enough time has passed that the CIA would let it slide this time? That stuff is so intruiging.... bonne chance.... anyhow, I just know you gotta another book in there!! Smile

Duncan

hunshatt
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:38 am  Reply with quote

" I knew you were a spook" Brit, didn't someone just get fired for using similar words, or doesn't spook rise to the level of "nappy headed ho'? Wink Wink Wink

TJC
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:39 am  Reply with quote

[quote="hunshatt"]nappy headed ho'quote]

HEE HEE HEE HEEE

What he said. HEE HEE HEE

britgun
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:36 am  Reply with quote

hunshatt wrote:
" I knew you were a spook" Brit, didn't someone just get fired for using similar words, or doesn't spook rise to the level of "nappy headed ho'? Wink Wink Wink

er, yeah, what I meant to say was "civil servant".... sorry Rolling Eyes