16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  DeHaan S2 on hold
RalphEGrant
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:27 pm  Reply with quote

The SO weighs 6.2lbs so the recoil is there but not too bad. I do shoot it with a Galco pad to lengthen the pull about 1/2".

I patterned my Charles Daly 20ga M/F with Spread-R loads in anticipation to use it on quail and the Full had a big ol' honkin hole right smack in the middle of the pattern. I decided against them. I would recommend patterning your gun with the spreaders if you get the chance.

Regards,

Ralph

Brning Cyn Sprting 12ga O/U,
Auto 5 12ga Belg, 16ga BPS, 20ga Citori, Beretta 3901 Target 12ga, AL391 Teknys Gld
DeHaan SO 16ga S2 12ga SXS's, Chaz Daly 20ga SXS, CZ Ringneck 28ga SXS
Rem 1100 .410 Sprting
locoduck
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:52 pm  Reply with quote

Picked up the S2 16 last night from my FFL. Gosh what a nice shotgun these are for the money. Balances just a smidge ahead of the hinge, not heavy but not a featherlight either. Just about perfect for an upland hunting gun. Engraving everywhere, except the trigger and it is beautiful. Wood is a nice dark color with some faint flame and mineral streaks running through it. Of course the proof is how she performs. That may have to wait for a week or two. The next couple of weekends are booked, but I'll get her out to the skeet range soon enough. Until then, I'm just happy to have it tucked away in my gun cabinet, and satisfied enough to pull it out and hold it once in a while. Wink Need to go in search of a 16 ga. bore snake and some 16 ga. snap caps this weekend. Havin' a new gun is so much fun!!

I'll try to get the pictures I promised early on in this thread taken and posted later this weekend. Those of you who can't stand to look just turn the other way!! Laughing

L'duck <><