16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Browning Little Skeeters 16ga-20ga.
Bruce W.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:42 am  Reply with quote

Has anyone shot the Browning mini-tube gauge reducers in a Citori. 16ga-20ga.? I shot them once in my Citori with a Win factory AA skeet load and the tubes expanded so much in front of the rim that I couldn't get the emtpy 20ga hulls out of them.. Browning states that :"These tubes were made to fit all guns;some guns have extreme tolerances (i.e. oversizes-chambers) which may cause damage or distortion of the tubes. The tube may resist removal or the cartridge may resist remoal from the tube." I sent them back to Browning and they sent new tubes,but one shot of Reminginton 20 ga skeet loads had the same problem.
Bought a reloader and and load my own 16ga skeet loads now.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:52 am  Reply with quote

Usually the trouble is from steel cased heads-----I bought a used set for ten bucks and carry a dowel rod to knock the empties out.The Feds are the worst offenders so I no longer use them Wink
Bruce W.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:06 pm  Reply with quote

I have also seen Gauge-Mate shotgun gauge adapters. They are made of stainless steel with a slit down the side. They are the same idea, to let you shoot 20ga shells in a 16ga. looks like it would be easier to remove fired hull. Any info on these?
Scolari
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:28 am  Reply with quote

I tried both the Little Skeeters (Browning) and another brand, the one with the slit down the side. Very dissatisfied with both. The shells stuck in them so bad that I couldn't knock them out. I even tried the Win AA with the brass head. Same problem. Just a waste of money.
NANTAN2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:11 am  Reply with quote

I've heard the same thing about the Browning "little Skeeters", they really suck. However, I've heard good things about a product called "CHAMBER MATES". They are longer than the skeeters, and they have built in extractors. However, you cannot go from a 16 to a 20 as there is not enough space for sufficient metal on the chamber mates. You can only go to 28 ga. or .410. I've seen them for sale on Ebay before. Kind of pricey too.