16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Loose Reciever on Browning Citori
TJC
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:47 am  Reply with quote

Very nice. Enjoy them.

Hopefully they will have the gun working properly when it comes back too.

Still waiting on mine.

MGF
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:22 pm  Reply with quote

Attaboy. Wear 'em in good health.

Although there won't be a Browning shotgun in my safe until the BPS arrives, I like their clothes. They fit me right. Picked up a pretty cool looking micro-fiber faux suede jacket in fawn tan for 1/2 price ($45) that will look just "smashing" for around-town and to-work wear.

I also wear one of the John M. Browning anniversary signature watches nearly daily. My dealer cut me a nice price on it. Good looking watch.
NANTAN2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:57 am  Reply with quote

Well, I was suppose to have my new 525 from Browning by Sept. 1. It is now Sept. 4, and still no gun. All I can say, is the wait better be worth it! Confused

NANTAN2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:04 pm  Reply with quote

On a some what related subject...yet totally different subject...I went out Dove hunting Saturday with my boys. We had made arrangements to hunt on a "walk-in unit" arranged by the DWR with private land owners. Good program....just no birds on the property (but tons of jack rabbits...so it wasn't a total waste). Anyway, as we are arriving...just outside the "walk-in unit" there's the sheriff and he confiscating shotguns from five guys, and writting citations. These guys thought they were on the "Walk-in" unit, but weren't. I think that is pretty chicken-sh!t...to take the guys guns, plus a fine. I mean we're in the freaking middle of no-where!! They were hurting nothing!! So....what do you think? Good deal, bad deal? Rolling Eyes

berg
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:25 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, it sounds a little harsh, but we don't know the whole story.

I did a quick check at the DWR website on their "walk-in access" program

If this is one of the "walk in" areas listed on the DWR website, then the property is "supposed to" have designated parking areas and boundaries posted by the DWR. They were outside the boundaries, so they were trespassing.

If all that they did was truly a mistake on the boundary line then they have my sympathy, but I would bet that aint the whole story. If it is, then maybe they got an "attitude" with the officer, cause these guys are usually kind of understanding about a simple mistake and will usually just give a ticket.

Don't know what else happened. As it looks like this is a fairly new program out there, the DWR may just be cracking down, letting the slobs know that breaking the law will not be tolerated.
The landowner may have had trouble with trespassers in the past, (possibly even this same bunch) and called in a complaint.

Anyway, the laws in most states allow confiscation of not only guns, but cars, trucks, boats, airplanes, etc., anything used in the commission of a poaching crime.

By the way, one of the first things I saw on the DWR site was an article about 6 cows being shot with arrows.

berg
NANTAN2
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:26 pm  Reply with quote

Hey kids..the 2007 Utah grouse opener was on Saturday. I went and took my four sons. We did really good. I shot 3 nice blues. One son shot two blues, the other son shot two blues, and another son shot two ruffies. After we had hiked ourselves out, be went fishing and all of us limited out on nice cutthroat trout. What a fine day!! Very Happy
p.s.: Still no 525 from Browning Sad

Dr. David Dabaco
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:27 pm  Reply with quote

Just read the entire ordeal --all I can say is good luck and I hope that gun arrives soon. You deserve it!
Prussian Gun Guy
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:40 pm  Reply with quote

Dr. David Dabaco wrote:
Just read the entire ordeal --all I can say is good luck and I hope that gun arrives soon. You deserve it!

Hey Dr. Dave,

Welcome aboard.

Did you think you could just slip in the back door? There's a process here, gosh-darnit ! Whatcha shoot ? Photos ?

What kinda Doc are you? If you're a head doc, we really need you. How bouts a group discount?

"There aint nothin' better than huntin' with a Setter"
TJC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:45 pm  Reply with quote

If he's a head Doc, he'll have to work OT with this group. Very Happy

NANTAN2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:34 am  Reply with quote

Thanks Dr. Dave....When I got home from work yesterday there was another box on my porch from Browning, inside was a nice Browning shooting bag, with a letter apologizing for the delay in get the 525 back to me. So...I decided to grab my shotgun and go do some grouse hunting. My son and I got up to the mountain late (6:00 p.m.) so we had about 2 hours to hunt before dark. We took a good long hike...and as we were going back to the truck we jumped four ruffies about 30 yards from the truck....we dumped all four!! A very nice night indeed.
Nantan Wink

NANTAN2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:02 pm  Reply with quote

Got a call from Dave at Browning Corporate office today. My new 525 had arrived. I took a long lunch and headed up to Browning to pick up my new shotgun. It is so dang good looking!! It was worth the wait! In addition to the new shotgun (with great wood), I also received a presentation fitted hard case, and cold weather shooting jacket, shooting shirt, shooting bag, and three new browning hats. I would have to say that the service dept. here in Utah bent over backwards to try and keep me a happy customer. Dave also let me keep all the choke tubes with the original gun, plus a full set with the new gun. So, I've got two full sets of chokes...and two sets of front beads. I headed out to the skeet club after work, and shot my best round of skeet yet...a 23. Missed the high and low house on station 4. Embarassed So...if all goes well with this new gun, that should bring to a close the Browning service saga. Pheasants on Saturday!! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!! Wink

MGF
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:14 pm  Reply with quote

Glad it came out well for you; you deserve the bonus goodies for your patience. How'd the hunt go?
TJC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:22 am  Reply with quote

NANTAN2 wrote:
Got a call from Dave at Browning Corporate office today. My new 525 had arrived. I took a long lunch and headed up to Browning to pick up my new shotgun. It is so dang good looking!! It was worth the wait! In addition to the new shotgun (with great wood), I also received a presentation fitted hard case, and cold weather shooting jacket, shooting shirt, shooting bag, and three new browning hats. I would have to say that the service dept. here in Utah bent over backwards to try and keep me a happy customer. Dave also let me keep all the choke tubes with the original gun, plus a full set with the new gun. So, I've got two full sets of chokes...and two sets of front beads. I headed out to the skeet club after work, and shot my best round of skeet yet...a 23. Missed the high and low house on station 4. Embarassed So...if all goes well with this new gun, that should bring to a close the Browning service saga. Pheasants on Saturday!! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!! Wink

WOW, I was glad to get my $$$ back from Browning but could have used some of those goodies to ease the pain during the process. Very Happy

Brian Meckler
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:06 am  Reply with quote

So that's two cases of good customer service I have read on this board from Browning.

I have a 12K gun that had to be sent to the maker 3 times ( I covered shipping and insurance) for a single trigger malfunction. All makers produce guns that have problems from time to time. CG, Browning, Rizzini Beretta, Purdey or any other maker none of them are exempt.
MGF
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:15 pm  Reply with quote

I don't mean to start a peeing match and I don't doubt that every gunmaker lets a lemon out the door on occasion. I'm glad each of the guys got his gun or reimbursement from Browning, but another case of 5 months? I'm sorry, it is customer service, but IMO it's not all that good. I mean no offense to anyone, but I believe all three of you gentleman have been under-served.