16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Reloading Room
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:45 am  Reply with quote

The wife and I are just about done remodeling my reloading room.
Thought I share how it's coming along.

revdocdrew
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:58 am  Reply with quote

"The wife and I are just about done remodeling ..."

I'm thinkin' there's gotta be some serious payback involved here! Very Happy Is she reloading to your satisfaction now too? Wink

Scatrgunr
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:29 am  Reply with quote

Hmmmmmm....................

Looks like it's time to talk to my wife about increasing my little corner of the basement. Laughing

CitoriFeather16
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:36 am  Reply with quote

Why on earth would anyone need 6 16ga. reloaders? Shocked

Matt
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:51 am  Reply with quote

Dave that's quite a setup there Cool Cool Cool 'fess up though------does the wife really help load your shells or just supervise Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:33 am  Reply with quote

The wife designed, painted, and decorated the room. I built the benches, (she stained them) and I mounted the loaders. I also have a spare computer in there for my loading data. Pictures of my Setter on the wall. Old shell ads. And other Manly things. I think her intentions where to get me out of her hair. But at least I have a seperate room I can lock now, when the grandkids come over.

britgun
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:08 pm  Reply with quote

drool drool.... my lonely little Load All looks pretty lame compared to your enviable set up, Dave...... maybe I'll get another one so it has somebody talk to........ Smile

.....just about to send off my 1st batch of Alcan fiber wad/paper hull prototypes to Armbrust, thanks for your invaluable data from which I've extrapolated my starting points....

Duncan

mike campbell
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:45 pm  Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by mike campbell on Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
TJC
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:54 pm  Reply with quote

Nice setup there. Unfortunately I need to "clean" my basement at present time so I can find my presses. LOL

I don't reload for shotgun but I know there are a couple of Dillon 550s in there some where along with a couple of RCBS'.

Me

berg
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:14 pm  Reply with quote

Dave, one thing that I noticed you are missing when comparing your room to Scatrgunr's
- no Leinie's boxes - 3 varieties Very Happy

berg
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:35 pm  Reply with quote

berg wrote:
Dave, one thing that I noticed you are missing when comparing your room to Scatrgunr's
- no Leinie's boxes - 3 varieties Very Happy

berg

I can't get that here, but I drink her when I go to the U.P. Shoot. Wink
As it is brewed just across the border in Wisconsin, I believe.

carpe dm
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:09 pm  Reply with quote

A room like that AND a wife that paints, stains, etc? Shocked Some people have it made! Smile

MGF
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:56 am  Reply with quote

I am breaking my self-imposed, one-month exile 7 early days to ask only one thing:

Dave, would you like an employee? I am a fine house cleaner, experienced at looking after dogs, including scooping the poop and cleaning the kennel, I can also take care of a pool. I don't drink and will stay away from your brews. Am 43 and too old and tired to chase other men's wives, yet still large and agile enough for projects that require lifting and carrying. Am willing to live in a shed out back ... only need room for a cot, my gun safe and a foot locker for my hunting/shooting clothes. (But if you could send out a dog or two on real cold nights, that would be nice.) If desired, am willing to throw in some decent cigars and pipe tobacco and a modest libary of gunning/hunting books. Can clean up and wear a tie if butler services are needed. Excellent driving record and willing to serve as chauffer. U.S. citizen with full documentation. With 3 older sisters and 2 sisters-in-law, excellent at swiftly executing orders from women. References available. Can fake English accent and answer to Jeeves if desired. Willing to address you as "Sir," "M'Lord" or "Bwana." Steady to wing and shot, yet will sit on "hup." Will work for shells, table scraps and chances to hunt. My long-term job objective is to return in another life as a Lab or a Lew.

Think it over.

Mark

P.S. I must respectfully withdraw my offer if you have an addiction to Citoris or a disdain for Rizzinis. Thank you for your consideration.
Scatrgunr
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:24 am  Reply with quote

mike campbell wrote:
Nice setup, Dave. I learned a tip from someone on the BB's and I see from the pics neither of you guys are using it. You can set your press in one of those disposable aluminum basting pans and catch virtually 100% of the inevitable spilled shot and powder. It's a greta way to avoid the mess and hassle of clean-up, but there's a bonus........rather than sweeping or vacuuming up the mess, you can actually recycle the spilled components.

Actually if you look close two of the presses on the left are mounted on a secondary sheet of plywood with a border of shoe moulding for this very purpose. The 9000 to the right is mounted directly to the bench and does not have a "shot trap" so to speak. It does have a hole through the bench to drop the old primers into a can beneath the bench as I sometimes had trouble with the little primer tray getting filled and botching the downstroke of the press.

Things are a little neater now then when this picture was taken but the Leinies boxes full of hulls are still there with several more added. Laughing I use a different variety of Leinies for different gauges or brands of hulls. Also it's pleasant work creating these hull containers. Wink Naturally not while reloading though.
sprocket
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:56 am  Reply with quote

MGF wrote:
I am breaking my self-imposed, one-month exile 7 early days to ask only one thing:

Dave, would you like an employee? I am a fine house cleaner, experienced at looking after dogs, including scooping the poop and cleaning the kennel, I can also take care of a pool. I don't drink and will stay away from your brews. Am 43 and too old and tired to chase other men's wives, yet still large and agile enough for projects that require lifting and carrying. Am willing to live in a shed out back ... only need room for a cot, my gun safe and a foot locker for my hunting/shooting clothes. (But if you could send out a dog or two on real cold nights, that would be nice.) If desired, am willing to throw in some decent cigars and pipe tobacco and a modest libary of gunning/hunting books. Can clean up and wear a tie if butler services are needed. Excellent driving record and willing to serve as chauffer. U.S. citizen with full documentation. With 3 older sisters and 2 sisters-in-law, excellent at swiftly executing orders from women. References available. Can fake English accent and answer to Jeeves if desired. Willing to address you as "Sir," "M'Lord" or "Bwana." Steady to wing and shot, yet will sit on "hup." Will work for shells, table scraps and chances to hunt. My long-term job objective is to return in another life as a Lab or a Lew.

Think it over.

Mark

P.S. I must respectfully withdraw my offer if you have an addiction to Citoris or a disdain for Rizzinis. Thank you for your consideration.

Best job application ever!

Nicely done on the room