16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Hidden Hollow (PA) Classic SxS Shoot & Exhibition
Silvers
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:26 am  Reply with quote

Yesterday I was nearby Hidden Hollow so I stopped by to check on preps for the May 18-20 Classic SxS Shoot and Exhibition. I caught Ernie Hausmann just back from the Southern with his sleeves rolled up, working on his 5 stand field along with a backhoe operator. Ernie takes in the traps for the winters here in PA and I saw where they've started to get them out in the field and on the courses. A dozer will be there there today to make a road extension on the lower course.

He loaned me a cart and I drove around the course seeing how it fared with all the rain this spring. The roads were in good shape, no doubt testament to the high % of rocks in the soil in Susquehanna Cty. The trees are starting to leaf out and it should be pretty green two weeks hence.

If you are shooting a 16 gauge (side by side only) you'll compete only against other 16 shooters for the 16 gauge award. Same with the other gauges.

For those who've never been to Hidden Hollow, here are the link and some random pics I took yesterday. Silvers

www.hhhsc.net

bigkev
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:01 am  Reply with quote

I will be there hopefully shooting my new Fox 16 gauge.
Silvers
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:50 am  Reply with quote

Just a reminder the three day event is coming up this weekend. Weather should be nice. If anyone needs road directions, check out the "photos and maps" link on the website shown in my first post.

If you want to rub elbows with fellow double gun enthusiasts, check out guns and accouterments for sale, get some 2-1/2" 16 gauge shells from RST, and/or shoot a round or two with your 16 or whatever - it's the place to be. Hope to see some of you there. Silvers