16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  well, I bought it!
75bronco
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:29 am  Reply with quote

I posted here last week about a 16ga SxS Stoeger Woodlander and I decided to go ahead and buy it. Here are some pics right after I got it home. Anyone know of a good polish to clean up the stainless and the triggers? Other then that the blueing is around 90%, nothing that wouldn't come from normal use but it seems to be well cared for.

Let me know what you guys think!
75bronco
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:38 am  Reply with quote

Got a question that really makes me feel stupid but here it goes...... Can anyone tell me what this gun is chambered for? I can't find it anywhere on the gun itself and finding info on the net has proved difficult.
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:00 am  Reply with quote

I thought you said it was a 16 gauge. Wink

Just funning with ya. It should be chambered for 2-3/4" shells.
It also should be able to handle any over the counter ammo.

Mod 97
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:51 am  Reply with quote

Wow, that gun looks a lot nicer than I was envisioning! I think you did ok. I wouldn't mess with polishing anything . . . fear of unanticipated results!

Have fun!

NR

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:28 pm  Reply with quote

75bronco wrote:
Got a question that really makes me feel stupid but here it goes...... Can anyone tell me what this gun is chambered for? I can't find it anywhere on the gun itself and finding info on the net has proved difficult.

On the barrel flats you should find a mark consisting of "16-70" inside an oval. That's the Spanish proof mark for a 16 ga gun with a 70mm (2 3/4") chamber. If you can provide a closeup photo of the flats we might be able to tell you a whole lot about the gun, including year of mfr.

Pete

Last edited by Foursquare on Tue May 15, 2007 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total

" .......you have learned patience and stubbornness and concentration on what you really want at the expense of what is there to shoot. You have learned that man can as easily be debased as ennobled by a sport....."
GA_Longhorn
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:42 pm  Reply with quote

That's a right smart looking shot rifle you have there. If you can't determine it's gauge, I will gladly take that old tomato stake off your hands. Kidding aside, this shoud provide you with some good hunting days. I have one just like it in 20ga.

Regards,
Charles

fin2feather
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:49 pm  Reply with quote

Nice gun. Enjoy!

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
britgun
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:12 pm  Reply with quote

....that thing oughta point and swing really quick! Have fun.....have you weighed it just outta curiosity?

75bronco
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:37 am  Reply with quote

Hey guys, I haven't weighed it yet and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to completely remove the barrels? There is some writing in there that I can't make out and I think it would help me ID the gun. I saw the 16-70 but wasn't sure what it ment and there is something else written on the same side and what I assume is a serial number under the other barrel.

I haven't had a chance to fire it yet but as soon as I do I'll let you know how it goes. I'm definately going to make that happen sometime this week. Thanks for the positive responseguys!
britgun
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:57 am  Reply with quote

75bronco wrote:
Hey guys, I haven't weighed it yet and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to completely remove the barrels? There is some writing in there that I can't make out and I think it would help me ID the gun. I saw the 16-70 but wasn't sure what it ment and there is something else written on the same side and what I assume is a serial number under the other barrel.

I haven't had a chance to fire it yet but as soon as I do I'll let you know how it goes. I'm definately going to make that happen sometime this week. Thanks for the positive responseguys!

You need to figure out how to pull the forend (if there's no button or latch, then it will simply pop off when you pull on it from it's end, since it's a newer, tight gun, it may require a little force, but don't be bashful, yank that sucker off there), with the gun closed, then once that's accomplished, the barrels will come right off when you reopen the gun.... then to put 'em back on, simply put the hook on the forward barrel lump back on the hinge pin on the receiver, shut the gun tight, then replace the forend and you are good to go, bro....Very Happy

brit

Foursquare
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:38 am  Reply with quote

Hard to tell from the full length pic, but it looks like there may be an Anson rod.
With the gun closed, push the button on the end of the forearm to unlock it from the barrels. It may be very tight. Then just open the gun normally (but remember to hold on to the barrels) Shocked

Pete

" .......you have learned patience and stubbornness and concentration on what you really want at the expense of what is there to shoot. You have learned that man can as easily be debased as ennobled by a sport....."
mdoerner
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:32 am  Reply with quote

Some "Flitz" brand polish on a q-tip and cloth should clean up the nickel and triggers nicely.

Mike Doerner
75bronco
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:19 am  Reply with quote

Alright, I got the barrels off and heres what I found. I figured it would be easier for me to just post pictures then try to explain some of the symbols.

Any information you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. If you can tell me a good resource that would be great too. I have noticed that all the numbers match so I assume that means these are all the original pieces. Thanks for all the help already, you guys are great!
75bronco
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:25 am  Reply with quote

anyone know anything?
Foursquare
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:52 pm  Reply with quote

You have standard Spanish proof marks for an EIbar made gun. "850 kgs" is their way of saying 850 bar.
I can't make out the date code. If you see it check this - http://personales.jet.es/rafa/b_punzones_eibar_fecha.html

"16.9" is the bore in MM which equals .665 in.

If a particular mark puzzles you let us know.

Pete