16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Prints with your favorite 16 gauge in them
Back To 16 Gauge
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:39 am  Reply with quote

About 10 years ago my wife and I were at a big craft show on the southern end of Reelfoot Lake near Tiptonville, Tennessee. Nice place outside right on the lake with the cypress trees, etc. A frame and gift shop out of eastern Kentucky had a number of framed prints for sale. One was a print of a slim framed Browning A5 plain barrel shotgun quite prominently displayed in the print leaning against a stump. Other items in the picture are a 60's era hunting coat, a leather handled sheath knife stuck in the ground, an old pair of work boots, and a box of Federal Game Load 1 oz. 71/2's in 16 gauge. Several individual shells are on the ground by the gun and shell box. The print is called "Another Days Limit" but no game birds or animals are in the print. The print is by Steve St. Clair (signed but not numbered).

The vendor knew nothing about the artist. I have never found out anything about the artist. The print couldn't have been very expensive as the print plus framing with double matting and cut-outs only cost $50. Always glad I found it. I haven't found another gun print at craft shows since then.

Anyone else found prints containing their favorite shotgun(s)?
Yentzen
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:12 pm  Reply with quote

I did my own. In Color. My 1910 16 ga and a few of my old Mason decoys, Cast iron anchor, Box of 2 9/16" paper shells.