16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Old data
Scolari
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:28 am  Reply with quote

I just looked at some reloading data on the internet from major powder companies. I can't believe how many still list loads using WAA 16 wads. I can't remember the last time I saw a WAA 16 wad. I guess reloading for the 16 isn't a high priority for most of these companies.
onefunzr2
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:37 am  Reply with quote

And when emailed the question of why such outdated info is still included, not a single one had the courtesy to reply.

hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:55 pm  Reply with quote

You can safely bet there will be no rush to update the info Evil or Very Mad
sothere
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:19 pm  Reply with quote

Are WAA 16 wads no longer avaiable? I sold all my reloding stuff 6 years ago(Long story and there were guns involved as well).But I could'nt get enough for my stash of 16 Ga. wads so I put them away.Seems I had 8-9K of them.
Twice Barrel
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:04 pm  Reply with quote

The AA16 wad was discontinued at about the same time that Winchester discontinued their great old compression formed hulls.
sothere
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:14 pm  Reply with quote

Twice Barrel wrote:
The AA16 wad was discontinued at about the same time that Winchester discontinued their great old compression formed hulls.
Might have a 5 gal. bucket of them as well????
Chukarman
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:31 pm  Reply with quote

Some of us are still reloading the WAA16 blue wads. I have a bunch of them. They are about as good as the R16s that have recenly been available from Remington. Pressure is a bit higher, tho'.

RWG
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:13 pm  Reply with quote

sothere wrote:
Are WAA 16 wads no longer avaiable? I sold all my reloding stuff 6 years ago(Long story and there were guns involved as well).But I could'nt get enough for my stash of 16 Ga. wads so I put them away.Seems I had 8-9K of them.

You'll make a killing selling those wads on Ebay. Lucky for most of us, we've moved on to readily available wads and components, creating the recipes ourselves instead of waiting on the Industry. No need for WAA anything anymore.
sothere
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:24 pm  Reply with quote

RWG wrote:
sothere wrote:

You'll make a killing selling those wads on Ebay. Lucky for most of us, we've moved on to readily available wads and components, creating the recipes ourselves instead of waiting on the Industry. No need for WAA anything anymore.

I've recieved some corrospondence with Re. to these components and will assess what's there in a few weeks as we're moving back to IA. next week Very Happy .When things settle down and I have gotten sick of looking at and shooting 4/ new to me 16's that I've only seen pic's of and 5? other guns.I'll figure out what I'm gonna do with that stuff.I remember selling a friend of mine about 10 cases of Rem. and Winchester shells.The Win's were Comp. formed with some High Brass Pheasant loads as well.I'm sure he has'nt shot them all.As well as a full(500) case of Activs.
I've spent a good part of the day reading posts here and I'm afraid I can feel my addiction to M-12's and 97's weakening.If that continues I'm gonna need a great deal of therapy and advice on SXS's.The forum will be rewarded by a "Give-away" consisting of some of the aforementioned components.
BUT,,, There will be hell to pay from this guy. If you look close you can see M12,16Ga.Solid Rib tatooed on his forehead Smile

clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:17 am  Reply with quote

Scolari wrote:
I just looked at some reloading data on the internet from major powder companies. I can't believe how many still list loads using WAA 16 wads. I can't remember the last time I saw a WAA 16 wad. I guess reloading for the 16 isn't a high priority for most of these companies.

I spoke to one of the Hogdon powder people about this on the phone last year. I was told 16 gage data was a low priority and that they (Hodgdon) really needed to reshoot all the 16 data but they just didn't have time to work it into their busy schedule. If enuff of us call maybe the powder companies will update their data some time in the future.
Hunter&Hound
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:53 am  Reply with quote

Hey Sothere!

Who are you?!

That picture of Ike...that's my brother Joe (in the yellow shirt) in the background, my dog Sadie. And, that looks like me with my back to the camera.

Paul?

Mark?

How are the birds doing this year? I look forward to seeing you guys this fall!

I had to get myself a 16 after seeing you guys shoot them last year!

Talk to you later!

Kre
Hunter&Hound
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:58 am  Reply with quote

Moving back to Iowa...

From CA, right?! Mystery solved!
sothere
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:23 pm  Reply with quote

Hunter&Hound wrote:
Moving back to Iowa...

From CA, right?! Mystery solved!

Hey Kre,I was gonna shoot you an E-mail the other day w/regard to Corbin

Look what I got for Corbin Smile Make sure Joe see's to it that he is eligible to come out this year. Figure we can slip it in his sleeping bag.
16 Gauge 1897,28" Full.C-1914 Regards; Mark

Hunter&Hound
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:33 am  Reply with quote

Hey Mark,

Everytime I see Corbin, he talks about our trip last fall and asks about this coming fall. He's been shooting trap like a mad man. And, doing quite well! I took my new, little 16 Citori to shoot trap last night and the results were far from impressive. Embarassed But, I was starting to get it dialed in about half way through the second round. Maybe the kid can give me some pointers!

Drop me a line via email. I thought I had your email, but can't seem to find it.

I hope all is well with you and the rest of the clan. Tell everyone I say "Hello!" and give them my best.

Talk to you soon.

Kre

Kre