16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Time will tell
sothere
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:01 pm  Reply with quote

Hey all,I can't believe I've not heard of this site before but the purchase of 2 Husqvarnas #20 in a 16 and #17 in a 12 with 2 1/2" chambers led me here in search of fodder for them.
I'm no stranger to the 16 and at present own 10 of them ,unfortunately I have sold more than a few more than that but at the moment it's a buying season for me.
I'm looking for shells for them and am considering B&P but after reading here for a few days I'm confused as to pressures and how much I can expect from her.I don't need any hot rod stuff as thats not why I bought the gun.There are 3 M-97's,and M-12 and M-31 Solid ribs in the rack for that.
I was looking for something in the 20/28 ga. payload range(I can hear the M-12's in the rack cry Gun Adultry as I type) but in a Hammered 16.
The gun will primarally be used for pheasants but never on doves cuz Iowa does'nt have a dove season but if I were to ever go somewhere (Other than the back yard which is lousy with them in Sept/Oct,But Iowa does'nt have a "DOVE SEASON" Twisted Evil ) that has a dove season I would want to know a good load for them as well.With regard to pheasants,I shoot predominantly 4's cuz we want very dead birds on the ground in the switch grass,but will probably go to 5's due to reduced payloads and will make up for it in quanity,I'm not set up to reload anymore and figure I can buy 4 cases of shells in 5's and 7.5's and be set for a long time.I also wanted to try the SxS angle this time as before it was Browning O/U's. 3 Lightnings 1 of which was a GR VI,a Superlight and 2 Uplands.I was trying to be moderate Confused
This time I would like to try the SxS route so the Husky's are my entry level guns and from there perhaps something from pre-war Europe with the name Suhl or Sohn on it.I'm not real particular about stock demensions,a 14" LOP is close enough,drop and toe are vitually a non issue as I shoot an 1887 Lever Winchester as well and a D-Max Sidewinder I don't want to wrap up alot of money in stuff I don't like and if I don't like it I don't use it and if I don't use it ,it goes down the road to be replaced by something else I will use ie. another87, 97 or M-12.
So does anyone have one of these guns and what do you feed them without beating the action and breakin the wood.Thank you so much,Regards;Mark
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:28 pm  Reply with quote

The B&P F2 Classic 1 1/16 oz. loads are available in (Italian which are just slightly smaller than US shot) 4s and 5s and are wonderful pheasant loads but are NOT low pressure nor low recoil Shocked Fine in your M-12 but not a classic SxS.
The excellent RST 1 oz Lite and Paper-Lite loads are both available in 5s.

sothere
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:49 pm  Reply with quote

revdocdrew wrote:
The B&P F2 Classic 1 1/16 oz. loads are available in (Italian which are just slightly smaller than US shot) 4s and 5s and are wonderful pheasant loads but are NOT low pressure nor low recoil Shocked Fine in your M-12 but not a classic SxS.
The excellent RST 1 oz Lite and Paper-Lite loads are both available in 5s.
To bad B&P has free shipping going.Have you got a link for RST? Thanks Mark
revdocdrew
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:55 pm  Reply with quote

Here you go http://www.rstshells.com and they'll mix a case lot also.