16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  The trouble with Gunbroker auctions...
Roper
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:47 pm  Reply with quote

...is when you finally win one, you have to wait to get the gun. Patience may be a virtue, but I'm not sure it's one of mine.

Long story short, I finally won a bid on an older Remington Wingmaster in 16 ga. I've tried about 3 or 4 so far to no avail. This one looks like it's in very nice shape. No rust, very little bluing wear, and wood although plain is in tact with only minor wear. It's a 28" modified plain barrel with the corncob forearm. It should be able to drop pheasant and grouse with some authority. Thank goodness I'm taking a week long vacation to visit family back east. It should help in the waiting game...

It ought to be well warmed up by the time my new BPS shows up this fall. I'll have to see if one outshines the other...

Gotta love those old shuck guns...
rgrigutis
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:39 pm  Reply with quote

i don't think they're on the up and up sometime. what's to prevent someone from listing w/ no reserve and then have a buddy dummy bid if the final bid isn't to his liking or shill bidding to get the price up. i've got some good deals on on line auctions from individuals, not from ffl's or dealers.
Jeff Mulliken
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:59 pm  Reply with quote

If your worried about shill bidders the solution is to not bid a price that is higher than you would be happy to pay.

You need to be willing to walk away from a gun. Shill bidders dont help a seller when they win the auction.

Jeff