16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Remington Game Loads??????
TJC
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:23 am  Reply with quote

Where are they? I thought I had an order of 15 cases that was going to be filled. Nope. No go. Nothing. Crying or Very sad

Seems like these things are an endangered species.

I've tried Dick's (3 of them) within driving distance, Bass Pro Shop in Harrisburg, Pa (which had a ton of them last year at this time) and on line at a few places, all to find no more than 4 cases at one spot.

I might have to go to a different ga for all my shooting fun, Mad , except for upland.

No, I don't want to reload.

Trigg
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:10 pm  Reply with quote

I have heard they are back ordered from my gun store. I believe they were told about some shortage of materials do to wr demand.
wildweasel
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:27 pm  Reply with quote

wow...it's a panic! Rolling Eyes

But, really, these are getting really hard to find. Prices up too.

Cabella's had estate game loads for about $65/case a couple of weeks ago...hardly a bargain.

Us 16ga trap and sporting clay shooters are becoming an endagered species.

And if I'm going to reload, it will be 12s. I won't go nuts over all that stuff.
rgrigutis
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:13 pm  Reply with quote

the clarksville dick's has 'em for 4.19 a box w/ 10% off flat prices. they only have a couple cases at a time and i snap 'em up. tried to get 'em to order a larger stock but as of now it's a couple cases.
Art Sorrentino
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:54 pm  Reply with quote

Have you tried to order them from BassPro on line? I have ordered them twice from BassPro without any problems but not in the quantity you want.

You may have to order for several different sources.

By the way, you can send me all of your empties if they are just cluttering up your garage. Heck, I'd even buy them if the price was right.
TJC
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:14 pm  Reply with quote

I called Bass Pro in Harrisburg, Pa which is where I found a ton of RGLs last year just about this time. They said they could probably put together 3 cases. I thanked them but I'm not driving 6hrs round trip for 3 cases, especially with today's gas prices.

What state is Clarksville in? I don't think it's NJ. Very Happy

WW, I agree. I'm thinking about a new CG 30" field gun in 12ga. Ammo is available w/o issue and cheaper than the 16.
I'll still use the 16 for all my field work but will step up a ga for playing games.

Art,
Sorry but I already give all my empties to another friend on this board. Last load was almost 1300 hulls. Wink

David
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:15 pm  Reply with quote

Wildweasel, the Cabelas in Hamburg has the Estate 16 ga. shells for $59.00 a case, only carry #8's and #6's. Funny the 12 ga and 20 ga were on sale for $37.00 a case, ran out of them now.
Needed some 28 ga, don't shoot it much except during hunting season, and they had Remington STS single boxes on sale for $6.99 down from $8.99 only in #8's. They had a few cases of them in the same shell, same number but they were $79.99 a case, how do you figure that.
I used to reload all of the guages except 410, now only re-load 16's and 12's and only in low-pressure. Might start on loading 20's, since I have an older Mec 650 set up for them. Might have to make a spacer for loading 2 1/2" 20's since my older "elsies" in 20 ga are 2 1/2" chambers.
TJC
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:51 pm  Reply with quote

I just ordered 5 flats of Federal Game Loads today. $50.10 a flat. At least it's ammo to shoot and it's a bit cheaper than the Estate.
Cabela's doesn't give you any bargain, that's for sure.

Art Sorrentino
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:30 pm  Reply with quote

TJC, i was only kidding. 1300 rounds is some fairly heavy duty shooting.

Again, before you give up, try going to Basspro.com (sorry, I don't know how to make it clickable) and go to hunting, shooting accessories and finally to shotshells. Scroll down to the Remington Game Loads and enter the number of individual boxes you want and try ordering them that way. I don't know why you have to order them by the box instead of the case but that's the way they do it. See if that will work for you.
pudelpointer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:50 am  Reply with quote

TJC I can stop by Bass pro for you and just deliver them next time we shoot. Least I can do for 1300 hulls.
Trigg
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:47 pm  Reply with quote

I sent Reemington an email about this problem and my dealer not being able to get them. There response was to try another wholesaler because they say they have shipped lots of them.

I suspect the demand is larger than they realize. It would be useful to all of us if they realized there may be more demand of 16 gauge than they are aware so others might want to email them as well. With new ownership there os always the feaar they will cut back from where they are now so sending them a message may be useful.
rgrigutis
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:45 pm  Reply with quote

clarksville is in s indians just n of louisville. it's funny. there's a big bass pro in the same shopping center that stocks just nothing in the way of 16 and their other prices are pure ridiculous. 48.00 for a 25# bag of shot. i heard a drag racer came in and bought 3 bags to put over his right rear wheel to improve his launch and somehow ruptured 1 or more bags on the strip neccessitating a shutdown and cleaning of the lane. interesting!

in the same mall is a mini dick's, no dirty comments now, who mysteriously comes up w/ the rem 16 game loads in 6's and 7 1/2's. i've told both places i'd buy a truckload if they could purvey them. at 4.19/ box, 10% off case price it comes to 3.80/ box. add in 10 bucks off for purchases greater than 50 bucks coupon [there's a disclaimer in the coupon that ammo is excluded that they ignor or are ignorant about] and it distills down to less than 3.50 a box. i stop every 7 days and buy them out.

there's a niche market for 16 that some mfg should be taking advantage of.
TJC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:04 pm  Reply with quote

I just got home and got a message from Sportsman Guide. The place I ordered the Fed loads from.
1. Back ordered until 3rd week in July
2. Due to the extra weight, that are going to charge me $36+change as they only allow $19.99 for free shipping. You pay for anything over. 5 cases is over.

Unreal. Evil or Very Mad

That takes the price up to the Estate price at Cabela's.

I'm telling ya, it's a sign to go to the 12ga. Mad

TJC
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:24 am  Reply with quote

Update on Sportsman Guide. Seems like their Customer Service people are really good to work with.

I called and spoke to them. They worked out a deal for me to get free shipping on 3.5 cases. Took a little negotiating but they took the allowed $19.99, applied some more discounts etc and came to that number.

So I'll take the 35 boxes for now and then order another few cases later using additional discounts I will be receiving. Wink

Unfortunately they can't do anything about the item being back ordered until July 24th.
Looks like I'll be shooting RGLs in Maine the end of July instead of Federals. Rolling Eyes

wildweasel
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:07 am  Reply with quote

TJ,

I bought 4 cases from SG on 6/5 (3 cases 7.5s and 1 case 8s)
- and joined their club.

They shipped 5 boxes immediately. They just shipped the remaining 25 boxes of 7.5s and they backordered my 8s until the end of July - which I knew when I placed my original order.

I guess I came in 1 case shy of the limit.

Funny, last night a friend of mine gave me a back issue of shooting sportsman from last year. In it was a small blurb about 16 ga and ammo. The author flatly stated that if you want to use a 16, you HAVE to reload.

to reload or not to reload......?