16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  What cartridges are available that work good for reloading?
delco
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:29 pm  Reply with quote

I just bought an MEC conversion kit to reload 16ga. Now since I have few hulls I will need to buy cartridges that I may reload many times. I would like to know what to avoid, and what works best.
woodcock
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:08 am  Reply with quote

I like Federal purple. Roomy, tough and durable. Many on this site use the Remington Black. With the current availability of the R16, this hull is probably one of the few that can be fashioned into a useable 7/8oz. package. Cheddite are available from several vendors as new hulls, so are Fiocchi. Do yourself a favor and join the 16ga. reloading group----------all the news about reloading our guage that's fit to print.
delco
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:35 am  Reply with quote

Explain the 16ga reloading group. Is it related to 16ga.com? or is it different. I have been reloading 12ga for several years now for Skeet. but I want to use my 16ga single bbl Savage for trap. Does it cost money. Lead around here is $36 a bag.
woodcock
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:46 am  Reply with quote

There is a site, www.16gaugereloaders.com, that is dedicated to reloading for the 16ga. only. A one time $20 fee will get you more loads and other information pertinent to 16 gauge reloading that you would believe. If you are going to reload for our gauge this information is, in my opinion, mandatory.
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:19 am  Reply with quote

Go here, which is the first announcement in the reloading section.
http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=921

You need to PM or E-mail RWG. He will get you the info.
You can not access the site, if your not a member.

delco
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:39 pm  Reply with quote

Purple cases would be SWEET. also I would never get them confused with any other shells. Also the other guys on the range would know those are Myron's.
HA!
delco
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:29 am  Reply with quote

woodcock wrote:
There is a site, www.16gaugereloaders.com, that is dedicated to reloading for the 16ga. only. A one time $20 fee will get you more loads and other information pertinent to 16 gauge reloading that you would believe. If you are going to reload for our gauge this information is, in my opinion, mandatory.

this site is gone and the domain name is available for sale.
woodcock
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:42 am  Reply with quote

check it again delco--I've just come from that site downloading some information. PM RWG as Dave. M suggested--it is the only way to gain access to the site.
delco
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:02 pm  Reply with quote

woodcock wrote:

I went to that site and found it not there then I removed the comma from the link and tried it again and it wasn't there. I thought maybe it was down for a moment and went to godaddy.com to see if that domain was for sale and it was shown as available for purchase.

If you click on the above link it works?

Can you cut and paste the address from your toolbar? there must be something am doing wrong.
javascript:emoticon('Embarassed')
Embarassed
Twice Barrel
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:27 pm  Reply with quote

OK delco click on this and read what it says then follow the instructions. http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=921
delco
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:55 pm  Reply with quote

Twice Barrel wrote:
OK delco click on this and read what it says then follow the instructions. http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=921

Will Do.

Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks. - Thomas Jefferson