16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Amazing service from BP
Golfswithwolves
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:18 pm  Reply with quote

Very Happy I've been stumbling in the early stages of shotgun reloading, and found that I needed some more stuff (proper charge-bar, powder bushings etc.) to do the job. And there is to be an inaugural local shoot for owners of old doubles on Sunday. I figured I missed the boat on making loads for my gun but might as well order the needed stuff anyway, which I did from Ballistic Products on Tuesday afternoon. So I'm working in the garage this afternoon (Thursday) and up rolls the UPS truck with my order! I will have plenty of time to build the loads for the shoot because of this fast service. I would have to say that BP is a fine outfit to do business with, and I will be giving them quite a bit more in the future. GWW

IFL16's
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:37 am  Reply with quote

How close are you to Mitchell South Dakota? That's where www.precisionreloading.com is and I've been getting second day deliveries from them here in Southern Oregon.

Larry
okiecop
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:20 am  Reply with quote

You may also want to take a look at and try www.midwayusa.com they have a lot of reloading supplies.
Roadkill
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:54 pm  Reply with quote

You might also try www.grafs.com. The catalog prices look a few dollars higher than other folks, BUT - they pay the shipping to the lower 48 on all but the heaviest stuff, just a $3.95 handling charge and hazmat if applicable. They are quick also - I ordered 2 cases of wads last Saturday, using their free freight - they were delivered by Fedex on Tuesday.
Bill
Terry Imai
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:01 pm  Reply with quote

I have purchased alot of components from BP since steel shot was mandated for waterfowl. In almost all of my transactions with them, they have always provided quaility service. In one instance, I received some steel shot from them that was not up to their normal high standards. With one phone call to the service boss, my account was credited and he made sure the next delivery from the supplier was a quality shipment of shot. He was able to follow up on my order and keep me satisfied. Another time, I was trying to order a few items and had a problem with the gal on the line. I was able to get a supervior to take the call over and she was able to rectify the situation. BP does what it takes to keep you on as a happy customer.
Haiwee
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:25 pm  Reply with quote

I agree with everyone. BP might not always have the best prices, but the service is first rate. They also carry a wider variety of specialty products in less-common gauges, particularly our beloved 16, and I think their reloading handbooks are good. Another good supplier is Precision:

http://www.precisionreloading.com/

I've always gotten great service from them as well.
Jeff Mulliken
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:34 pm  Reply with quote

I found the BP reloading guide to be a huge let down. Save tne money.

If you neeed 16 ga load data join the 16 ga Low Pressure Group and never look back.

Jeff
Square Load
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:06 pm  Reply with quote

I'll second what Jeff M. said.

Dennis
Terry Imai
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:13 pm  Reply with quote

I agree that BP's hype of their reloading "books" rarely match its delivery. A few of my buddies get their panties in a bunch when they see some "discrepancies" with the reloading data esp. with a few grains plus or minus of a certain powder. When they see a recipe with extra couple of grains only adds xx fps while a similar load may be adding xy fps. Like most things in America, we equate value by volume and BP is no different that most firms when they sell you reloading data that they give you more than a one page printout. In most instances, 90% of our reloading data could probably be printed on a two page single sided but I doubt most of us would pay $7.00 for that info. That's why we get these huge reloading databases from various places but I bet most of us have found that most of our reloading needs are covered in a handful of components. I don't begrudge BP charging for their info. They were very instrumental with steel and bismuth reloading and I've shot alot of birds with their recipes. BP was one of the first to really promote high velocity steel recipes when the big three had these slow cumbersome loads. IMHO, the only time to shoot high velocity is with steel and it's only recently with the Kent loads that there is a factory round that matches a handload.

Time to get off my soapbox...