16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  CZ (Huglu) Bobwhite 16ga SxS
dawei
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:24 pm  Reply with quote

What's your guy's opinion of this gun: http://www.czusa.com/product_detail.php?id=60

Only two defining forces have ever died for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, & Marine
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:04 am  Reply with quote

dawei wrote:
What's your guy's opinion of this gun: http://www.czusa.com/product_detail.php?id=60

To my knowledge it's not available in 16 gauge.
I've shot that gun in 28 gauge. Some are good, some are junk, you take your chances. Wink

Captain_Billy
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:04 am  Reply with quote

Cheap made bargin junk. What I have seen of this CZ stuff is the pictures always seem to look much nicer than the guns do in person.
Snipe Hunter
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:26 am  Reply with quote

Those Bobwhites are selling like hotcakes. And yes, while a bit heavy for me in the sixteen gauge gun, they are available. The best thing about the sixteen to me is that it has fixed chokes. I wish CZ would do that with their 12, 20, & 28 gauges so they don't have that blunderbuss look. I wouldn't go so far as to call them junk. Within their price range I'm not sure you can find a better new gun. If you wanted a properly scaled 28 gauge or .410 I can almost guarantee that you won't find any competition in that price range. Are they perfect? No they aren't, but for the price I think you'll find at least as high a percentage of satisfied users as with any other double.

Skip

chorizo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:02 am  Reply with quote

I have a 200 AC (sideplate) Huglu in 16 ga with 26 ", ic/m (TR Imports gets them in many different styles and gauges beyond what CZ imports) and a CZ ringneck in 12, 26", screw-ins.

http://www.trimports.com/commerce/ccc1029-side-by-sides.htm

I have now put over 1500 shell through the 16 and about 700 through the 12 and haven't had a problem. Fit is good, stock on the 16 is nice (I picked it out from the website at TR Imports so I got what I thought looked best) and the 12 plain but well executed in fit and finish.

I know there are many negative opinions, some just smoke from folks who like to post or pass along "what I've heard is...", others based in facts and prior ownership. For me based upon ownership and shooting them they both function well, pattern well (well regulated and shoot the choke as marked) and I have had no problem with them and for the price I believe they are a good deal.

All I can speak from is experience, so take that for what its worth. I am sure others have varying opinions.
XVI'er
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:33 am  Reply with quote

Chuck Lutz at TR Imports can get you what you want without too much hassle. Two things I like about the Hugulu are the double triggers and the English stock. Two things I don't like are the weight and that d**n forend!