16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  New Cabela's in Lacey, WA
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:05 am  Reply with quote

This is the first Cabela's here in the NW that I'm aware of, and I'm stoked. Supposed to open in October. I can't wait to frequent the gun room, make some trades, lose some $, make some more trades, lose some more $, ... boy, aren't guns great?! Twisted Evil Laughing
MGF
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:23 pm  Reply with quote

Yep, we're getting one in Hammond, Ind., and I'm stoked. Hope they carry the Rem or Win GLs in in 16 at a reasonable price. Or even the Fiocchis. And hope they're smart enough to stock 7.5s and/or 8s. Hunting loads I got; can always use more practice loads.
nutcase
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:50 pm  Reply with quote

MGF wrote:
Hope they carry the Rem or Win GLs in in 16 at a reasonable price. Or even the Fiocchis. And hope they're smart enough to stock 7.5s and/or 8s.

I was at the Boise store last night. Myself, I don't consider any of their prices cheap, here's what they carry in 16ga:

Estate 6's & 8's $6.99 per box/$5.99 by the case

Winchester High Brass 6's $10.99 per box/$9.99 by the case

Remington Express Long Range 4's, 5's & 6's(?) $12.99 per box
No Remington Games loads at all that I recall(even 12 & 20ga

Fiocchi Golden Pheasant 5's, 6's & 7 1/2's $13.99 per box

Everything went up $1.00 or more per box earlier in the year. Have to wait and see if another increase is coming as is expected.

MGF I don't know where you are in IL but Gurnee Mills north of Chicago has/had both Bass Pro and Dick's for the Rem GL's.

MGF
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:47 am  Reply with quote

Thanks, nutcase.

Gurnee Mills is a bit of a stretch for me, but will stop there next time I'm in that area. The GLs in 7.5 or 8 seem to be a "sometimes" proposition for me at the Bass Pro Shops in Portage, Ind. Was there last month, and they had none. Was there last week, and they had four loose boxes of Rems in 8, and no more in back. Bought what they had.

The two Dick's sotres near me have been very inconsistent re the Rem 16 GLs. The Dick's in the mall at Hobart, Ind. (U.S. 30 just off I-65) has never had 'em or any other 16s when I've stopped. Did pick up one flat and 5 loose boxes of 7.5 the other day at the Dick's in Tinley Park (south side of I-80 at Harlem Road) on sale for $3.98 per box. It was all they had, so just bought 'em up.

Doing OK for the moment. Have 7 or 8 flats of Rem, Win and Fiocchis in 7.5 or 8 stashed, but naturally remain ever on the lookout for a decent deal on 16 ga. practice loads.

Have never shot any Estates in 16. You have any experience with them?

Thanks again.

Mark