16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Versitile hunting dogs.
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:32 am  Reply with quote

Equi.......I didn't realize NC was poor for birds. My sister moved there last year and I planned on checking it out. You have abundant deer though, correct?
Equismith
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:58 pm  Reply with quote

Birdswatter wrote:
Equi.......I didn't realize NC was poor for birds. My sister moved there last year and I planned on checking it out. You have abundant deer though, correct?

Yep.

Loss of farm land. Development. Coyotes. Stray cats. You name it and it's problem here.

As for deer, they are now best hunted in urban environments with steel bumpers and good comprehensive coverage on your auto policy.

Seriously though, deer are everywhere.

Send me a PM as to where your sis is near an maybe we can break some clays together.

I'm about 15 minutes from the NC Zoo.

Bud

Miss Libby
blathens
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:24 am  Reply with quote

Pudelpointer, thanks for the welcome. My kennel name is Killbuck. Named after a marsh in Ohio where I started duck hunting many years ago.
Who did you end up getting your PP from? They are becoming quite popular in recent years among hunters.
pudelpointer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:04 am  Reply with quote

Killbuck I knew that. I think Todd Nuenemyer Got his dog from you. I bought a dog from Bob Farris out of Tukr (Cedarwoods First Offense). Great dog unbeleivable retreiver my only complaint is he has so much drive he doesn't slow down in the heavy Grouse cover and bumps alot of birds. In the fields he is fine and steady but the tight cover is different. But hell he is young only his 2nd season and he is a meat dog. My first Pudelpointer came from Mike Pollata great bird finder and steady but couldn't swim or have any furnishing's. He was on the edge, ran off one night and got hit I was devastated but I ended up with alot better dog. I think the dogs are getting so popular because they do it all so well from ducks to upland birds and then switch gears and become great pets and companions. My dog is at work with me ever day and is a perfect gentleman indoors. He is great with my kids and the only dog at camp that doesn't stink and slobber all over the place. Great dogs indeed.
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:37 pm  Reply with quote

Due to the number of posts, inquiries and apparent big interest in Pudelpointers generated by this excellent thread, I am starting a new thread, simply titled "About Pudelpointers," to further explore these great dogs. I will kick it off with a brief history and try to contribute what I know. There are some owners, breeders and experts who have popped up here and I fully expect them to take off and run with the thread. Let's see what happens........ "About Pudelpointers" is under General Discussion.

After all, anyone who owns a 16 gauge gun needs a Pudelpointer!

Go here....

http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=37896#37896
TJC
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:07 pm  Reply with quote

[quote=After all, anyone who owns a 16 gauge gun needs a Pudelpointer!
[/quote]

OR a Drahthaar. Very Happy Wink