16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  superlight feather
cvdawley
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:10 pm  Reply with quote

Hi: If any one has a comment on a sixteen ga citori superlight feather with 28 inch barrels instead of 26 I would appreciate a quick response. I located one I might buy tomarrow, I have a 26 in twelve ga now and like that length, but they are hard to find. Charlie
16'er
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:14 am  Reply with quote

Check the browning forum on shotgunworld. Someone over there just got a 16ga 28", when he thought he was getting a 26", you might be able to talk him out of it...
Grousen
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:15 am  Reply with quote

I have a 16 gauge Browning Lightning Feather with 28" barrels. I shoot this gun better on live birds than I than any other gun I've ever had. I've found that for me, I shoot a 28" barrel O/U much better in the field than I do a 26" O/U. Generally speaking, another 2" of barrel means about another 2 ounces in weight for Browning O/U's.

I've also found I shoot a 28" O/U better in skeet than I do a 26" O/U as well.

When I bought this gun about 4 years ago, I was actually looking for a Superlight Feather and couldn't find one in 16 gauge with 28" barrels. So I settled for this Lightning Feather, and have never regretted it. I really do like the prince of wales grip, but would have preferred the schnabel forearm over the Lightning style forearm.

You asked for quick responses, so I hope this helps even though my gun is not a Superlight Feather.
SORNO
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:20 pm  Reply with quote

16'er wrote:
Check the browning forum on shotgunworld. Someone over there just got a 16ga 28", when he thought he was getting a 26", you might be able to talk him out of it...
You won't talk me out of it Razz It took me to long to find one that was in my price range. I can't seem to find crap for info on the different barrel lengths thou.
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:07 pm  Reply with quote

SORNO wrote:
16'er wrote:
You won't talk me out of it Razz It took me to long to find one that was in my price range. I can't seem to find crap for info on the different barrel lengths thou.

What kind of info are you looking for?
The longer one is about 2" longer and 2 oz. heavier. Wink

SORNO
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:52 am  Reply with quote

Dave M. wrote:
SORNO wrote:
16'er wrote:

What kind of info are you looking for?
The longer one is about 2" longer and 2 oz. heavier. Wink
I posted in the gun section of this forum Cool

http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4282
cvdawley
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:25 pm  Reply with quote

Well Guys I was on the way up North to meet a friend for a 3 day grouse hunt and called my favorite gun shop (Reeds-Walker,Mn) and bought the only superlight feather in sivteen they had with 26 in barrels for 1760,00. Nice wood, good balance. I then went out and shot four grouse with it in thick timber. I am happy. Charlie