16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  WTB: Browning Citori Grade VI 16ga blue
rchanvit
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:53 pm  Reply with quote

anyone who can help, i'm looking for a browning citori grade VI 16 ga. blue receiver (new or used). I had my eyes on one at the cabelas in KC but the week I went in to put an offer, it was gone. Sad So I found this website and am on the hunt. Thanks
TJC
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:40 am  Reply with quote

Check Gunbroker out. There were a number of graded guns in 16ga on there last night.

rchanvit
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:46 am  Reply with quote

checked it out, no grade 6 though, but thank you for the help. i keep an eye on gunbroker and gunsamerica all the time, but they seem hard to come by. thanks
onefunzr2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:00 pm  Reply with quote

Check out this Bill Hanus link: http://www.billhanusbirdguns.com/brwng06.html

sothere
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:13 pm  Reply with quote

Paul Crosnoe has one,also look over the previous posts in the WTS section,A fella had 2 for sale and possibly sold only 1.
I normally get 10% finders fee but I feel generous today.It's on me.
Good luck.By the way I've dealt with Paul in the past and seems like a straight shooter

http://www.gunsinternational.com/detail.cfm?id=100022717&string=cid=47
rchanvit
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:47 pm  Reply with quote

wow!!! that wood on paul's website looks amazing. small world, I grew up about 50 min. south of cape girardeau, so I definitely will be giving him a call ASAP. I waited on the last one in KC @ cabelas and lost my chance, so I'll have to get on this real quick. Here's the question, i'm going to get this 16 ga no matter what, but I don't think I'll shoot it (more for collection). But I am considering finding a superlight 16 ga. similar to the one on bill hanus's website (black receiver) so that I can shoot a 16 ga. and am considering having work done on the receiver for scenes/inlays. good idea or bad? let me know your thoughts. can't get enough of talking guns...especially 16 ga.
nid-28
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:22 pm  Reply with quote

Just shoot the Grade 6 and have fun!! The Superlights have an alloy frame and I would not recommend engraving them. Good engraving is not cheap and you could never recoup your investment, should you decide to sell.

rchanvit
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:45 pm  Reply with quote

very good advice, thanks for the knowledge on the superlights, i'll remember that now!! i think you're right, just enjoy the gun and be happy to have a great gun. thanks
sothere
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:08 pm  Reply with quote

nid-28 wrote:
Just shoot the Grade 6 and have fun!! The Superlights have an alloy frame and I would not recommend engraving them. Good engraving is not cheap and you could never recoup your investment, should you decide to sell.

Not true!!! I have a Super light and it's steel.Get one,shoot it this fall,then take it to Tulsa in the spring and send it home with Angelo Bee.Pick it up at the fall show and hunt it next year.I've considered the same thing;ST
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:57 pm  Reply with quote

I don't think any of the 16 ga Citori models made up as Superlights were made up as Superlight Feather models. I too have a 16 ga. 26" Superlight. It's steel. It's also 6.5 pounds and plenty light enough thank you. FYI, The steel Superlights are now discontinued in all gauges and have been for a couple of years. That is a shame. They are handsome, rugged, good shooting guns in my experience.

I also think this "needs to be lighter than 6.5 pounds to be a good upland gun" business is hogwash. If I ever get to where I can't tote a 6-3/4 pound gun for a few hours or more without getting too tired, I'll take up knitting instead. That way, I can make my own comforter to keep my sorry old butt nice and cozy warm in my rocking chair when I'm reduced to staying on the porch. BOO HOO!!! Rolling Eyes Laughing
sothere
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:04 pm  Reply with quote

Not true again.Pheasant season opens tomorrow.I'm going to bed

http://tinyurl.com/2zvbkn
BudR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:40 pm  Reply with quote

I think Bill Hanus has a few Citori Grade IVs.

billhanusbirdgins.com
manofthewoods
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:41 pm  Reply with quote

Ditto to 16gaugeguy.

I love my superlight 16 26" (steel thank YOU! Smile ) no alloy for me. Crying or Very sad

enjoy

16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:24 pm  Reply with quote

I'd be careful and look again at that Superlight before plunking down any cash. A small handful of the steel framed guns were made in the last batch, but no alloy Superlight Feather 16 ga guns were made according to Browning. The last steel model I saw for sale new went last June or July. It had 28" barrels. The much more popular 26 inch versions were sold off before they were even in stock.

The gun in the ad might be what it's supposed to be. Might not be either. I'd hate to think it's a parts gun. It might be possible to swap the wood too along with the trigger gaurd. That is all that's really needed to convert a lightning model to a Superlight. The frames and barrels are identical. I also suppose some alloy models have been made since last year, but I'd be real careful.

Anyway, I got mine. It's steel, all original, and rugged as a yeller pine knot. I'm good to go.