16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  16ga hulls- BP vs Cheddite
Rem16
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:04 pm  Reply with quote

Does anyone know the difference between Bp's 16ga mulit hull and the cheddite hull sold by Graf's? I think Bp hulls are made by Cheddite. Has anyone used the Cheddite hulls sold by Graf's? How about the Cheddite wads sold by Graf's? Thanks.

clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:14 am  Reply with quote

I have never tried any BP multi hulls but I have learned to be skeptical of the BS (claims) made for any BP product. In terms of service I have found them to be a good company to deal with but they hype their stuff beyond reason at times.
spr310
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:54 am  Reply with quote

The BP multihulls have the star on the bottom so I assume they are cheddites also. The loads in the BP 16 gauge manual are exactly the same for the multihulls or cheddites.
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:03 am  Reply with quote

spr310 wrote:
The BP multihulls have the star on the bottom so I assume they are cheddites also. The loads in the BP 16 gauge manual are exactly the same for the multihulls or cheddites.

You need to watch with BP's load data, I believe the 16 gauge low pressure group found some of their loads to be some what hotter than they list.
If your not shooting an older Damascus gun, it shouldn't be a problem.

spr310
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:05 pm  Reply with quote

Dave M. wrote:
spr310 wrote:

You need to watch with BP's load data, I believe the 16 gauge low pressure group found some of their loads to be some what hotter than they list.
If your not shooting an older Damascus gun, it shouldn't be a problem.

You're right. They are hot loads. I do not even shoot any of my old guns anymore. Gave up on cracked and broken stocks. My loads are all at about 10,00psi and 1300 fps. The new BPS handles them quite well. No felt recoil at all. Sure knocks the heck out of those big roosters. I use 7/8 oz loads of 5 1/2 shot. Good out to at least fourty yards. My old damascus hangs on the wall.
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:09 am  Reply with quote

SPR310,

So tell me, what kind of old Damascus gun do you have hanging on the wall? It's not one of those nasty old 16 gauge parkers is it? Wink
Regards, Dave Miles

spr310
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:49 am  Reply with quote

Dave M. wrote:
SPR310,

So tell me, what kind of old Damascus gun do you have hanging on the wall? It's not one of those nasty old 16 gauge parkers is it? Wink
Regards, Dave Miles

No it's a 12 gauge LC Smith from 1895. I have used it grouse hunting with low pressure shells. Now that I've got the sixteens, I don't use it.