16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  16 gauge
spr310
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:12 pm  Reply with quote

That's not all that happened.....I won the California lottery the next day! I can now afford to purchase some REAL guns, guns that Ted will like. I'm thinking Parker, Beretta, perhaps a Winchester Mod 21!!!.

What a reason to buy a sixteen. If you think I don't like Ted, you are right.. A typical person from down in the twin cities. I cannot imagine anybody purchusing anything dependent on what somebody else thinks, least of all Ted. Sorry Ted. I can't imagine a grown man, basing his decisions on somebody else. Is this how this 16 gauge forum works?
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:45 pm  Reply with quote

We don't care if a man shoots a single barrel 16 and loads with a 600 jr or has the highest dollar,heavily engraved,custom stocked ,gold adorned double on the face of the earth----And has his ammo custom crafted---The goal here is to share info,insight and experience with our chosen gauge Wink Cool
Captain_Billy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:15 am  Reply with quote

If you don't like Ted thats ok, cause the rest of us don't care. PM the guy and tell him so Exclamation The rest of us are just here to talk 16 ga. guns, loading, BS about hunting and exchange info/ideas------Thats how this works Rolling Eyes
spr310
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:04 pm  Reply with quote

Captain_Billy wrote:
If you don't like Ted thats ok, cause the rest of us don't care. PM the guy and tell him so Exclamation The rest of us are just here to talk 16 ga. guns, loading, BS about hunting and exchange info/ideas------Thats how this works Rolling Eyes

That's what I thought when after buying a BPS 16 and coming on this forum. But as soon as I did I'm told that all I'm buying is clunkers and a lousy made gun and does not compare with anything anybody else owns. I have nothing against Ted. I used to shoot a sixteen years ago. So when I bought a BPS 16. I didn't feel like it was a bad gun, as my sons and I have used BPS's for years. I just bought two more off of this forum. One for each of my sons. So if I came on to strong, I'm sorry, but I didn't start shooting shotguns yesterday. But when it's insinuated that I'm ignorant for buying a BPS, I tookaffront to it. So maybe Ted is right, I don't know what I'm doing by buying BPS's and I should buy what he says is the right guns to own. In fact it was on this forum that I found out the BPS's were being made in a sixteen. My brother was a member, but he had to give up hunting for medical reasons. He had a bunch of sixteens and some of them were sold to people on this forum. In fact they were sold out of my house as he lived here and gave me what is left. In fact I put up on this forum today the last sixteen he had left.
sprocket
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:08 pm  Reply with quote

According to some, I have an affinity for clunkers but I'm guessing I"m just more of a one gun guy so I don't buy tons of sxs in different configurations, etc.

In the words of one of my former PM's:
'Keep chewing, I've got more ass than you have teeth."
birddog
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:15 pm  Reply with quote

Kudos gentlemen,
If we bought what someone else told us to everytime life would indeed be boring. You have an opinion as does everyone but don't bow down under pressure if you believe in your choice. Wink
Buy like there's no tomorrow boys so the goverment can take em away after "08"
Twisted Evil Charlie
chorizo
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:08 pm  Reply with quote

Let me get this straight: Someone does something that is perceived to be rude, so poison spews out in a non-stop fashion for all to see.

Let's leave the axe grinding to other forums. You bought what you wanted, to hell with what others think.

My God, man, let it pass.

manofthewoods
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:53 pm  Reply with quote

Most of my "collection" (that's using the word loosely!!! Razz ) is/maybe was all clunkers from various pawn shops.

When I was a teenager in the 70's I thought heaven was a Remington 870 (any gauge). A few years back I started looking for 'em in 16. In my travels I would find 'em at pawn shops, 2 of the 3 were beat up kinda bad. Fun for me. I worked hard at finding nice barrels and bought good (for me Smile )wood. Made 2 into my version of upland specials because they had straight stocks. Now I have 3 "nice" 870's in 16 - one of each fixed choke w/Vent Ribs; except the IC. BTW if anybody has one I might be interested. Clunkers? To most of you, maybe. But I like that most of you don't really care. I moved on and did the same w/1100's, Clunkers? The 2 sharpies, 2 huns, 1 Sage grouse and 2 roosters I shot w/my modified choke version about a week and a half ago - didn't really care. Even my two Citoris (16's of course Smile Smile ) could be considered clunkers - to some.

BPS in 16, heck I want one, but, I'm sharing the doghouse right now for the '88 Grade 3 I got last month. Very Happy Maybe in a few years I can swing a BPS, all things considered (I do have 2 girls, ya know Smile )I can swing a BPS.

Maybe (no, for sure) I'm nuts; but, it's not about the guns as much as it is about the "stories"/memories we get from them. I like my old 870's 'cause, a) I always wanted one when I couldn't afford one, and b) fixing it was a "project" I won't forget.

Just a few random thoughts - from a nut Laughing
Live long and prosper