16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Fox, Parker, or Smith
Trigg
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:08 pm  Reply with quote

I am sure they all are fine guns. I will say that my Parkers have been infallible. I have two 16's that have performed flawlessly. I will acknowledge they have gotten a bit expensive, but I believe there are good reasons that the market has gone up and people appreciate them so much.

If the value was not there I think the market would correct for the price increases. Also once you acquire a Parker you like any subsequent increase in value is just another benefit. It also provides an explaination to one's spouse on why it made sense to make the original purchase. This is no small benefit in and of itself.
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:31 am  Reply with quote

Fox, Parker, or LC? Neither. You left out the finest, most beautiful, and most well engineered American game gun ever made. The Lefever. Find a Lefever F grade or higher in good condition and you will have the cream of the crop. Not that my opinions are at all subjective, or biased. Very Happy
fin2feather
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:59 am  Reply with quote

When you're talking 12's or 20's it's a toss up. When you're talking 16's, however (as we're supposed to do here Very Happy ) there's not much room for debate; the Fox is the most beautiful American 16 guage ever made. Just my opinion; your results may vary Laughing !

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
Prussian Gun Guy
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:25 am  Reply with quote

Does the one you're looking at look like this Steryingworth?

Available with the aftermarket case ... $2400.00 Firm. That's exactly what I paid for it. 16 ga. 26" barrels. Ejectors. 6 3/8 lbs. (#4 barrels).

Of course, if you're in the lower Hudson Valley, or Long Island, and just want to look-see, send me a note.

Peter

"There aint nothin' better than huntin' with a Setter"