16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Remington GOING PINK AGAIN.
Slidehammer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:55 am  Reply with quote

clayflingythingy wrote:
The real story is if they have switched hulls or are rebranding imported ammo.

This seems to have happened or is happening in 12 gauge..... I would bet Remington will stop U.S. manufacture of the 16 gauge hull... Whether they continue to load it or have it loaded remains a question. I would think they would follow Winchester and contract it out. (of the U.S.)
This is not a disaster..... But I have a lot of R-16's that will become a loose fit if we see a foreign black look-alike show up with the nominal thinner hull wall!

Slidehammer
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:03 am  Reply with quote

One star?

All the Cheddite's I have examined have four stars on the base. This includes the 16 gage Gamebores I have on hand.

Could "one star" hulls be a knockoff?

Trigg,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Na, generally, the four star hulls outrank the one star hulls. Cool

The old Estate heads might have had four stars on them. it's been quite awhile since I actually saw them. Perhaps some of the stars on the Remingtons were elliminated so the makers could fit the brand and guage on. It seems the estate hullls only had the gauge on them and not the name, but I'm not sure.

They all look similar to identical inside though...at least the ones I've examined from the scrap hull bins at the club. nobody reloads the cheapies much. Besides, I'm pretty sure you can buy hulls from China cheaper than from the French. It does not make sense for Remington or any of the other companies to buy from the French when the Chinese are making them. Just my hunch. Perhaps someone knows the skinny here.
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:00 pm  Reply with quote

Due to no one figguring things out to the degree that is taking place , I will disclose what is going on in the not so distant future , right now I am worn out and dont feel like typing , just reading .

Regards Charles
clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:03 am  Reply with quote

Since your "horse" is apparently contradicting the 2008 catalog I would appreciat your posting the skinny ASAP.
spr310
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:17 am  Reply with quote

Yes it would be nice to know. What is the big secret? If they are changuing, I know where there's some of the remington's for $5.00 a box. It's an 80 mile round trip, but I'll go up and get them.
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:01 pm  Reply with quote

I thougth I would not have to tell the whole story , and I will not to the other sites , just the 16ga society .

An enity overseas has several hundred billion invested in U.S. " T " Bills of which this enity cannot withdraw , but can transfer to a holding company for aqusition of U.S. companies , Thus your CEREBUS comes into play .

This holding companies job is to aquire U.S. Companies , Remington being one of the many.

The Marlin companies grandson not wanting anything to do with the family business , he decides to move the family company , something that he never wanted anything to do with in the first place .

With Marlin having access to Turkey ( Turkey can only produce shotguns for others , the only rifles and pistol's that the they can make is for the Turkish Armed Forces ) This leaves it open to move the shotgun divisions to Turkey while retaining the rifle divisions here in the states.

Remington is to sell or sub out NON PROFITABLE divisions in order to streamline the company for later sale. These folks are waiting for the dollar to gain strength against the Euro. at this time Remington will be profitable and the holding company will be able to sell it at a profit.

The divisions that are going out are to get the PINK SLIP for the employee's unfourtante to be in those divisions , this is expected to be around a 40% cut in workforce .

The Remington Guide is listing the loads that will be available ( the 16ga is not amoung them ).

The funny thing is that I will profess that the Turkish gun industry will collaps due to the political forces in the region and with the diminish of the dollar against the rest of the monetary system of the world , production in the U.S.A. will make more sense in terms of profit once again.

I also forsee that Wal-Mart will discontinue firearm sales nation wide with in the next 18 months or so ( give or take a few months) I do not know how this will effect the sale of ammunition but would guess that it will follow the same path.

I will not elaborate on anything more , " don't ask " This might not be all bad for us wanting to bring the 16 ga back to its rightful place , so look at this as a silver lining and not a dark cloud as most would have it be .

Regards Charles
clayflingythingy
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:02 am  Reply with quote

Charles Hammack wrote:
I thougth I would not have to tell the whole story , and I will not to the other sites , just the 16ga society .

An enity overseas has several hundred billion invested in U.S. " T " Bills of which this enity cannot withdraw , but can transfer to a holding company for aqusition of U.S. companies , Thus your CEREBUS comes into play .

This holding companies job is to aquire U.S. Companies , Remington being one of the many.

The Marlin companies grandson not wanting anything to do with the family business , he decides to move the family company , something that he never wanted anything to do with in the first place .

With Marlin having access to Turkey ( Turkey can only produce shotguns for others , the only rifles and pistol's that the they can make is for the Turkish Armed Forces ) This leaves it open to move the shotgun divisions to Turkey while retaining the rifle divisions here in the states.

Armalite imports its A24 pistol from Turkey and Stoeger imports a version of the discontinued Beretta Cougar from Turkey.

Remington is to sell or sub out NON PROFITABLE divisions in order to streamline the company for later sale. These folks are waiting for the dollar to gain strength against the Euro. at this time Remington will be profitable and the holding company will be able to sell it at a profit.

What "divisions" are we talking about? Remington has an ammo plant in Arkansas. It has gun plants in Ky and NY. I suppose the plan could be to sell off the ammo busniness or the gun business but Remington isn't like one of these multi-billion dollar aquistions with numerous busninesses to sell off. Altho I don't like to rely on Wiki, the article on Cerberus states that stipping companies is not their mode of operation.

The divisions that are going out are to get the PINK SLIP for the employee's unfourtante to be in those divisions , this is expected to be around a 40% cut in workforce .

The Remington Guide is listing the loads that will be available ( the 16ga is not amoung them ).

The Remington Guide put out by the Shooting Times people had NO Express loads, NO Shurshot loads, and NO GL's listed in ANY gage. The Remington 2008 catalod PDF lists all of those. I would consider the Remington document more authoritative than the ST document.

The funny thing is that I will profess that the Turkish gun industry will collaps due to the political forces in the region and with the diminish of the dollar against the rest of the monetary system of the world , production in the U.S.A. will make more sense in terms of profit once again.

I also forsee that Wal-Mart will discontinue firearm sales nation wide with in the next 18 months or so ( give or take a few months) I do not know how this will effect the sale of ammunition but would guess that it will follow the same path.

I would not be surprised if this happened. Ammo sales might hang on for a while longer but I think you are right, WM will eventually stop selling ammo too.

I will not elaborate on anything more , " don't ask " This might not be all bad for us wanting to bring the 16 ga back to its rightful place , so look at this as a silver lining and not a dark cloud as most would have it be .

Regards Charles