16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  That Time of Year Again
brdhnt
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:03 pm  Reply with quote

Fellow 16 Gauge Shooters:

The SHOT Show is coming up in less than a month and I will be covering it for several magazines and carrying my drool rag as I walk the aisles and view the latest in upland shotguns.

Of course, I will be championing the 16 Gauge as usual and will be 'bending the ears' of gun and ammo makers for more 16 gauge options. I have had some success in the past and there are several companies that have learned that there is a market out there for the greatest gauge and have seen sales beyond their predictions with 16 gauge guns and ammo.

Here are several of my ideas that I will be expounding on to gun and ammo makers. If any of you have any other ideas, please let me know either on the board or with a PM. I will be happy to pass the information on.

1. A 7/8th ounce load at 1150-1200 FPS, preferably in a reloadable case.
2. A 7/8th ounce-1 ounce wad for the cases that are available today.
3. Input to the powder companies for updated data on 16 gauge reloads.
4. A 16 gauge O/U in constant production, not in the special runs that have been done by companies in the past.
5. The 16 gauge autoloader that I proposed to one company is on the drawing baords and they are predicting production in 2009. I will also pass this idea on to some other companies.
5. Hevi-Shot loads in 16 gauge.
6. Other non-toxic loads in 16 Gauge especially for upland game.

If I can help out my fellow 16 shooters with other ideas, let me know.

Thanks

Terry M. Boyer
________
VAPIR NO2

Last edited by brdhnt on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Highcountry
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:05 pm  Reply with quote

All good suggestions, Terry. A Benelli 16ga auto would be sweet.

rayb
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:15 pm  Reply with quote

Since you asked:

Went back to some of the older posts about the marlin 90. Looked at some other drawings.

I don't own one.

Never held one, never have seen one, to my knowledge, but I'm half way past 60.

Looking at the drawings, it seemed to be a simple and robust design, robust with relatively few parts compared so some other examples. Operation of the internal parts seemed to be straight forwqrd. Don't ask me how many parts there are, i didn't count them, or what their names were, or anything else remotely technical, that was only my impression.

My first impression was that it might be easier to manufacture than some other models, and possibly redesign as a side by side also. I may also be full of it.

What I want is to buy a reasonabl;y priced USA made SxS or O/U gun. That may not be possible.

Would you please ask the Marlin folks, unless they have already been dyed green or replaced by green haired corporate suit wearing MBA'd weight lifting lawyers and accountants, about the possibility of resurrecting the Model 90 or something similar.

Made in the USA.

I like my Winchester 24, and can't afford a Winchester Model 21. I do own a Browning Gran Lightening, but it was on sale and marked down when I got it. That should give you my price range/niche.

Again, I realize that may not be possible, & may just have to learn to like the Japanese and Italian guns if I want a newly manufactured gun. I do not intend to ever learn to like anything Chinese made, no matter how good.

Thank you for your time.

rayb