16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  FAIR Model 500
Harry_Orwell
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:54 pm  Reply with quote

I'm a bit new to the 16 ga phenom but i have been reading a good bit on the Rizzini's's's. I thought i knew the basic product line (400, 600, 702, 900 etc) but this 500 threw me for a loop. Its listed at gunsamerica for $1699 and i was wondering what you learned folks thought. Any info is greatly appreciated.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/976975637/Guns/Shotguns/Rizzini-Shotguns/FAIR_Model_500_16Ga.htm

nutcase
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:54 am  Reply with quote

Harry

The 500 is just another version of the FAIR O/U. Don't know what the difference is between a 400 and 500 is. Maybe a slightly higher grade of wood.

As far as the price? Might be a high by $100-$200. There is a used 20ga Model 500 on gunbroker with an opening bid of $1,450.00 and no reserve.

Send them an email and ask what they'll sell it for.

Dr. David Dabaco
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:27 pm  Reply with quote

I would tend to agree. I bit high. I purchased a B. Rizzini Aurum 16 ga. for $1750. I know of another that is LNIB for $2000. The B. Rizzinis are finished a little nice and have little better wood than the Isodoro Rizzini 400, 500, or 600. The disadvantage is that unless you are lucky enough to find a Aurum Light, they are a little heavier.
Robin
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:42 pm  Reply with quote

I think asking the lowest price they will accept is not a winning tactic. If you want it at $1450, offer that. The worst that can happen is you are turned down - or negotiate something in between.
Harry_Orwell
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:06 pm  Reply with quote

The blue book on the Aurum classic doesnt list anything but a "light" in 16 gauge as far as i can tell. Do you guys know of a non light 16 gauge?

Dr. David Dabaco
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:13 pm  Reply with quote

My understanding, and I could very well be wrong on this, is that the 16ga. Aurum Light is made with an alloy receiver and weighs around 6lbs. The 16ga. standard Aurum weighs about 7lbs (which I have).

I personally have not seen any Aurum Lights for sale and am going off what I see on the "Post the weigth of your 16ga." thread.
nutcase
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:12 pm  Reply with quote

Harry

There is an Aurum Classic with Briley choke tubes on GunsAmerica

http://www.gunsamerica.com/952761221/Guns/Shotguns/Rizzini-Shotguns/Rizzini_Aurum_Classic.htm

MGF
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:04 am  Reply with quote

A little high indeed. I picked up FAIR 600 Gold NIB for $1,730. This one might be OK at $1,200 to $1,400.
nutcase
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:25 pm  Reply with quote

A B. Rizzini Aurum Light popped up on GunBroker today

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=89535674

Dr. David Dabaco
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:46 pm  Reply with quote

Nutcase -Do all Aurum Lights come with silver frames and the gold bird, or are some case colored?

Thanks,

David
Trigg
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:49 pm  Reply with quote

A question was asked about the availability of case hardened farmes on the light guns. I believe that all aurum lights will have the nickel colered alloy frames and none of them will be case colored. They are not steel so they would not be case colored.

If I am not mistaken the older 16's, whether Aurum light frames or standard frames, were built on the 12 gauge frame. The new ones would be built on a true 16 gauge frame. William Larkin Moores web page indiates that both the Aurum light i6 and 12 weigh about 6 pounds 4 ounces though I think this was written when they were both on the 12 gauge frame so there may have been a change in weight for the 16.
Harry_Orwell
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:09 pm  Reply with quote

MGF, $1730 for a New 600 sounds pretty nice...mind telling where?

nutcase
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:57 pm  Reply with quote

David, as far as I know that is the only way they have been made. I'm no expert but I don't know if it's possible to case colored them. Maybe after the receiver has been plated or some funky anodizing might work.

The Rizzini USA site doesn't list the Aurum Light. The Italian site does and only list the gun as nickel plated with gold inlays.

http://www.rizzini.it/eng/home.html

Harry, I think MGF getting that gun for that price, especially if it was new, was like finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. Never seen a new one for less than about $2,100.00.

Harry_Orwell
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:03 am  Reply with quote

Thx! I've been offered a 600 gold 16 with 26" barrels for 1900 which seems to be in line with blue book but I can't put my hands on it you know. I've seem pics and they look great. What do you guys think?

nutcase
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:18 pm  Reply with quote

Harry, now that its time to spend your money nobody seems interested. I'm not that way(though I tried to let someone else go first Wink .) So I'll share my vast amounts of wisdom/opinion.

I'd go with the original gun you posted if you can get them to come down in price a little for the following reasons/preferences:

1. the model 500 has 28" barrels, the 600 26" barrels
2. Whether it be high grade wood or engraved side plates they don't add to the feel/handling of the gun and I'm not willing to pay extra for them.

Your preference might be different than mine of course. I think you could do well with all the guns posted on this thread. Its really just a matter of what works best for you. Since you can't handle any of these guns prior to purchase, I'd make sure you get an unconditional right to return the gun if you decide to buy one of them.

Good Luck.