16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Remington R12L Wads - what to do - help!
Rick Timmers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:30 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

Need some help here. A friend of mine gave me some 16ga wads and some 12ga wads. The 16's I have receipes for. But a can't find receipes for the Rem R12L wad. I know it's a 1 oz wad - because it says so on the bag. But the only loads I see in the Hodgdon manual is for 1 1/4 loads. And I really just want to use these up by making 1 oz loads @ 1200ft/sec using my Clays powder. Surely there must be some data out there. Did Remington replace this wad with another number? Can I substitue it for another wad already listed in the Hodgdon manual?

Thanks.
Twice Barrel
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:44 pm  Reply with quote

Reminton is still selling the R12L wad. You might be able to use data for the R12H wad which is listed as a 1 - 1 1/8th ounce wad.
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:27 pm  Reply with quote

Rick,Didn't remember if I let you know the hullls arrived Cool I would use the Hodgon manual by referencing a similiar wad then loading in the middle range of powder charge.The 12H has a narrow 2nd tier section for the extra 1/8 of shot.This may or may not produce a good crimp with a 1 oz load without a filler.You will most likely have good results matching up recipes with the TGT12 -a 1 oz wad--again stay in the middle range of charge weights.