16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Flatwater 2008
wingshooter
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:27 pm  Reply with quote

Charles, this will be a Flatwater to remember. You will not be disappointed.

Manufrance Ideal 314:
Barrel set 1- (choke) .000 , .007 , chamber 70mm
Barrel set 2- .025 , .047 , 65mm
Barrel set 3- .005, .015
Manufrance Ideal No. 5:
Choke: .000, .010, 70mm chambers
steve voss
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:16 am  Reply with quote

They are ALL Flatwater's to be remembered. It's the best 3 days of the year, every year.

Charles, if you leave at O'Dark thirty and arrive by noon, you'll only have about 12 hours of Saturday left to enjoy with us. Very Happy

We are all looking forward to meeting you,

sv
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:13 pm  Reply with quote

Ben and I are on the way come morning.

Talk at you all later

Regards Charles
steve voss
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:59 am  Reply with quote

A FABULOUS time was had by all. We enjoyed Charles and Ben a whole lot. Many of us were there (Wingshooter, XVI'er, kgb, etc.) and Charles was enthralled by the number of 16 gauge devotees in attendance.

Many pics and followup at www.notssmbbs.com on the "Flatwater 2008" forum.

sv
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:38 pm  Reply with quote

You have several bottles of Advil with you , there I witnessed folks serving Ben and I wonderful food and drink , all you could eat and then some . ( We were certainly stuffed to say the least )

I met some wonderful folks that ABSOLUTLY HAD ME IN STICHES FOR 2 WHOLE DAYS ( the need for the Advil , I laughed so much my head hurt )

I walk in and ask where do I sign up and pay ?? The reply was , Your signed up and dont worry about that , get your gun go shoot , eat and have fun ( I found out it was on the honor system , you just threw your entry fee on the table when you left for home )

Ben had a Bird Dog deliver his smokes and matches to him , that was a real trick , one that Steve Voss has a photo of and I am sure he will publish it .

I met ( DARTH VADER IN THE FLEASH ) I said I would not mention any names , but I sure didn't know that Darth had any thing in common with burnt wood !!!!!!!!!!

I was really scared for a while , WHEW !!!!!!! We were out shooting on the course in the mud and all of a sudden 16ga folks were on the ground bowing and chanting at me ( HERE I WAS LOOKING AROUND FOR THE LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICALS , THINKING THEY HAD US UNDER SURVAILANCE , SENT BY THE MANUFACTURES THAT WANT THE 16GA DEAD . )

HERE I WAS THE ONLY ONE STANDING WITH IT LOOKING LIKE I WAS AT A A BUDDHAIST CONVENTION , What was running through my mind was dang when they catch me the LAW WILL PUT ME IN THE SAME CLASS AS JIM JONES , the head of the DREADED 16 GA CULT.

I got to shoot some wonderful guns and let the folks that wanted to shoot the Darne's and Marlin 90's do so and fed them some of our shells to boot , the ones that had HOMADE SHOT that was tear dropped shaped , I think everyone agreed that the shells were just pretty good stuff , 3/4 OZ of 7.5's , 16.5 grains of Rex - 1 @ 1325 FPS with a few 3/4 OZ of 7.5's , 18 grains of Rex - 1 @ 1410 FPS of course each was loaded with the Gulandie wad for now ( Kevin at Downrange was tied up and unable to get me the wads in time ).

I shared some of the upcoming suprises with the folks at the Flatwater shoot , but sworn them to secretcy so the rest of you folks that didnt attend will just have to wait a wee bit longer for the announcement.

I met Larry Brown and Terry Boyer at the shoot as well , now you folks have more than likely figgured out by now that I am a bit reserved when it comes to GUN WRITERS in general .

I feel that most of the time these folks have to bite the tongue and bow down to the Manufactures concerning what they have to push at the time . With this being said I got a look at Terry Boyers book , ( Ash Goodwin had purchaced a copy ) and I must say that Terry Boyer did a very good job of getting alot of useful information published in this book , so much so that I purchaced a copy from him , Autographed by him to give to Terry Gan ( The guy that went to Canada with me last fall and going again this fall with me ) This book kinda stunned me for it is wonderfully done for the Novice to learn the basics and more , I would say to anyone that is starting out or a bit more advanced that it is certainly worth the price , and folks I dont say that lightly I am a bit on the Frugil side .

Now I cannot list all of the folks that made this a wonderful experiance , one that I will attend in the future , but I would like to thank XV'er most of all , Postoak it was super fun to meet you , Tiny your a real hoot , Thanks . Steve Voss I had a ball to put it mildly . To the rest of you folks I want to thank you as well, you made Ben and I feel at home ( next time please cut out the bowing , I dont want to be labled as a cult leader )

All I have to say is the rest of you folks missed out on one of the most fun times that you could have had !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steve sure didnt tell any tails when he said we would have a wonderful time .

Regards Charles
postoak
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:49 pm  Reply with quote

Charles - it sure was good to meet you and Ben, I enjoyed shooting and talking with both of you. You have made a believer out of me when it omes to you 16 Ga receipes.
wingshooter
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:56 pm  Reply with quote

Nick Charles, "The Thin Man." Gotta be into old movies to understand. He (Nick/Charles) had the best way of calling for the bird- sounded like some Southern tightwad getting his summer electric bill: eeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaahhhh!

Manufrance Ideal 314:
Barrel set 3- .005, .015
Manufrance Ideal No. 5:
Ash Goodwin
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:10 am  Reply with quote

Only an old trap shooter could mess up the pronunciation of "pull" to
eeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

I'd heard trap shooters shot so much that their brains were scrambled.
Now I have proof.

Ash

Because, without beer, things do not seem to go as well- Diary of Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery Munjor, KS 1902
steve voss
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:49 am  Reply with quote

By the end of Sunday's round my brain was aching from the sound of Thinman's calls (massive single malt overload had nothing to do with it) so I eliminated the noise by simply pulling his targets before he said anything. It didn't matter, I believe he "thinks" targets to death. Cool Wink Razz

sv
XVI'er
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:19 pm  Reply with quote

Thinman, shooting with you and Ben was the highlight for me Saturday- with the addition of my good friends Postoak and Tiny.I am very pleased that y'all were able to make it down earlier than you thought! All in attendance were glad you came. I thought Steve Voss was going to faint when you unleashed your "Clay Deathray Marlin "and all the different guns you shot so well with.

Postoak, Tiny, and I all talked about this year's Flatwater as being the best weekend a sportsman could have if he likes food, fine shotguns, hunting dogs, and good ol'storytell'n.

steve voss
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:31 pm  Reply with quote

I was real comfortable with Thinman and Ben until I noticed they were wearing ironed jeans............WITH CREASES!! Obviously they thought we were a lot more upscale than we are. Maybe next year they'll fit in. Very Happy Laughing Cool

sv
XVI'er
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:24 pm  Reply with quote

All you guys and gals that like to support worthy causes and have the best shooting weekend on the planet better mark your calendar now for the last weekend in April 2009.

You will NOT be disappointed!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:36 pm  Reply with quote

Hey everyone forgot to mention that they seen the most unusual gun at the shoot , it used AIR as a propellant .

No comments ????????????????
wingshooter
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:57 pm  Reply with quote

Totally cool, especially what it does to pigs.

Manufrance Ideal 314:
Barrel set 3- .005, .015
Manufrance Ideal No. 5:
XVI'er
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:34 am  Reply with quote

I think that I need to attend one of those "air rifle shows" with you. Maybe someone there can fix my Daisy pump! Very Happy Laughing

Was that a .50 caliber air rifle you showed us,Nick?