16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  FS 16 ga Browning Citori Feather
16 Siace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:27 am  Reply with quote

First I want to apologize that this is my first post to this site - I've been a lurker for some time and everytime I'm ready to ask a question, I find the answer within old posts. I've been a fan of 16 gauge since only 2001 or so (so I'm a bit of a neophyte when it comes to the knowledge represented by this forum) but I love this gauge.

Okay now to the important part - I've got to make a little room in my gunsafe and have come to the conclusion that I don't need (as if that has anything to do with owning guns) another 16 gauge Citori, so here it goes:

Used with 28 inch barrels and in great condition. The original Browning "plastic" finish was removed and replaced with 3 coats of tru oil. A mid-bead was installed and the original bead was replaced with a Hi-viz Tricomp sight (sorry to offend all of the purists - and I promise that I haven't done this to any of my side by sides Smile ). This gun hasn't seen a whole lot of use, if I had to guess I would put the shot count conservatively around 400 shells. I purchased the gun originally in 2002 and have the box and the documentation. The standard chokes will come with the gun which I think are ic, mod and full.

Although the gun sports a new finish, there are a few dents and scratches in the stock. All of these are minor and I'll be more than happy to provide additional pictures if requested. With the new finish, the color of the stock lightened up quite a bit, hopefully you can see this in the following photos.

Here is one of the flaws:

I'm asking $1,350 plus $35 shipping to an FFL dealer. If you have any questions, please PM me.

Thanks.
onefunzr2
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:33 am  Reply with quote

Is that a dark-colored knot peeking out from the top of the buttstock?

16 Siace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:25 am  Reply with quote

Yeah, good ole' Browning right on top of the comb. I never really noticed it with the old finish, but it sure shows up with the refinish.
Mr Sportsman
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:48 pm  Reply with quote

To bad you did not list this awhile back. I hope you haven't had any problems with the firing pins as some have had with the "feather" models.
I am going to be picking up a new Citori White Lightning (16 ga of course) at the local gun shop in a few weeks after making layaway payments for 7 months. When my rebate check comes in, I'll be looking again.

16 Siace
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:10 am  Reply with quote

That's the story of my life, a day late and a dollar short.

I haven't hunted with this gun in a couple of years, but I don't remember a problem with the bottom barrel not firing. The only problem that I do remember was a few reloads that did not eject. The ejectors tripped but the shells didn't eject. I never had the problem with factory shells, just a couple of reloads. I finally determined that that was being caused by the Fiocchi hulls (steel base) and my improper sizing setup.

Mr. Sportsman I couldn't help but notice your signature line, my wife and I have finally decided to get a hunting dog and our dog of choice is a Brittany. If you have any words of advice, I'm all ears.
grousewoods
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:25 pm  Reply with quote

Welcome back I'm glad you found the site and I hope it works out for you! Well you didn't say you were looking for a britt on the other site! I have two britts and there are sure a lot of breeders out there willing to sell you a dog, I have one America britt and one french britt and like them both. Have you ever looked into adopting one there sure has been some good dogs out there. My American britt was and couldn't be happier with him. There was just one guy in SW MICH that had one that was 7 mos old and the wife said he had to go with the new baby in the house, so you never know what is out there. If you need help with finding one just let me know as I'm sure others will to. PS The guys wife is letting him keep the britt for know and will let me know if it comes up again. Good luck again!
Mr Sportsman
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:04 pm  Reply with quote

16 Siace sent you a PM on brittanies. If you want to go in detail drop me a line back. You should have no problem selling this O/U. If I did not put on on layaway I probably would have brought it.

grousewoods
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:04 pm  Reply with quote

Sent you a PM