16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  need advice on dog
rgrigutis
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:57 pm  Reply with quote

don't know where you got the idea i'm not the alpha. shooters aggressive w/ other dogs/critters never humans. i agree that certain dogs no matter the level or expertise of training will override that training and revert to their primal instincts. how many invisible fences have been violated by dogs more intent on their prey drive than their pain threshhold? so in order for me or shooter to exist in our society we have to curb our destructive instincts, me intellectually and shooter by my leadership. how you think my antisocial demeanor translates itself to shooter is kinda alan aldaish to me. shooter is social as hell, he just plays rough. i'm not social except one on one, face to face where the bs currency has little value. this is evidenced by this whole thread that i foolishly posted expecting insight and got examination. did you think i'd put a puppy in w/shooter un supervised? anyway thanx for your responses. i don't mean to be contentious but what the hell.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:38 pm  Reply with quote

You asked for some advice on getting a new puppy. You are also the one who stated your dog is aggressive with other dogs and that you are a bit antisocial, a lone wolf. These imply negative aspects in themselves do they not? You interjected them, not me.

I stated simply that if what you say is true, then there will be negative aspects to deal with out of any relationship with a new puppy, you or your dog start unless you deal with them to offset or eliminate them. Where do you get the idea that "If" means definitely or absolutely or implies any sense of certainty, examination, judgment, or condemnation? I can only go on what you've posted. I've done what I can for you based on your own input.

If you think I'm like Alan Alda because I answered your call for assistance as best I could, well so be it. You can label me whatever you wish to. It does not make it true. Even so, I don't think being compared to the character of "Hawkeye Pierce" is really that bad. Hawkeye was a compassionate soul caught up in a living hell and doing what he could to both survive it and make it better for others at the same time. That is an admirable way to be. Its why many folks admired the character so much. Alda's creation helped make the TV show a tremendous success for a long time. So thanks, I guess. However, I don't want to argue about it, so I'm done here. Good luck with your dog training.