16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  St.Louis SxS shoot!!
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:20 pm  Reply with quote

Hello Postoak :

Ash would tell you the ole thing is not worth a plug nickle ( Smiling ) .

Although it is one of the most wonderful short range shooting Irons I have ever picked up , if the 90 hadnt come on the scene I would have been happy with the Darne even though it is a short range gun ( ie . 30 yards or less it is a magic wand )

Tell you what if you have an extra 11 Dead Presidents lying around you can have your choice of the Darne's , I have found my true love and she is the Marlin 90 !!!!!

Ash I have another one coming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should be here soon !!!!!!!!!

Regards Charles
Ash Goodwin
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:15 am  Reply with quote

Hell at that price I'll buy it! Eleven Dead Presidents. I'll even drive up to see you so I won't miss the deal! Hell if I sell it to some poor shmo for fifty bucks I've made a good return on Investment.

Thanks Charles!

Ash

Because, without beer, things do not seem to go as well- Diary of Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery Munjor, KS 1902
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:43 pm  Reply with quote

Hello Ash :

I think you are refering to a different President than I was ( Smiling )

Anyone attending the shoot in St. Louis is going to get a full update on what is coming down the pike with illistrations !!!!!!!!!! But of course you will be sworn to secretcy before being privy to the classified information ( Smiling )

If you want to really know what is going on then come meet Ben , Amie and myself at the shoot , I doubt you will be disapointed.

Regards Charles
XVI'er
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:46 am  Reply with quote

Thinman, I'm going to miss this event, unfortunately, due to a prior commitment. Otherwise, I would be glad to come up and bring my Elsie to shoot with you fine folks.

Steve, I wish I could get some of my fellow Texicans up there. It sounds like a great timewill be had. If I have a change in plans, I'll let you know.

Stack16
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:33 pm  Reply with quote

Charles has ask me to sent him directions for the "Blackhawk Valley Hunt Club" for this event,I thought I would post it here for any that might need them.
From I-70 West take 40-61 North to Moscow Mills, exit hwy. C (right) to the East for approx. 6 mi to Ethylin Rd. turn left, go about 1 1/2 mi. to Brevador, make a right, go to the top of next hill and make a left.
For those coming I-70 from the East, take hwy. 79 north to Old Monroe take hwy. C West approx. 4 mi. to Childs Rd. make a right, go appox. 1 1/2 mi. to Brevador , make a left, go to top of hill make a right.
Unless the bridge at hwy. C is still closed ,( at Old Monroe,) in that case, continue up 79 1 1/2 mi. to Brevador, make a left, go to the big sign that they have there make the right.
JGH
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:39 pm  Reply with quote

Sounds like a good crowd will be in attendance for this informal shoot. I am sure looking forward to meeting each and every one of you. I spoke with the owner and he told me if we need it, we can use one of his "mules" and pull his trailer that has a set of bench seats on it for those who are not up to walking the course and or need assitance in doing so.

There are some challenging shots there and I am sure we will be heard a long way off with our shots followed by cheers and laughter...hopefully more cheers, but we all need to laugh more these days so I will volunteer to miss some of the targets for everyone's enjoyment! Wink Razz
erik meade
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:29 pm  Reply with quote

If I can buy a SxS by then, I plan to show up.

I sold my last SxS last year, after realizing that I should shoot and own the guns I like (870's) rather than the guns other people think I should like.

My wife said it was a mistake to be without a SxS because I like the SxS people and I should have a gun to go to just this kind of shoot. Turns out she was right. Maybe I don't need quite as many 870's as I have, I see what I can trade around for at the gunshops this week.
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:15 am  Reply with quote

This is Just wonderful , the three of us is all looking forward to meeting everyone .

This is going to be like the Flatwater Shoot , my sides hurt from the time to got there till the time I left , I learnt a lesson bring some aspirins with me to these kinds of shoots ( Smiling ).

Looking forward to the 21rst day of June.

Regards Charles
steve007
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:00 am  Reply with quote

erik meade wrote:
If I can buy a SxS by then, I plan to show up.

Contact Jerry Goldstein who will surely loan you one. Or me, though I have only one not already loaned,and Jerry has lots.
JGH
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:19 am  Reply with quote

Just wanted to post this again that if folks are willing to hang around after the sporting clays shoot, I think a few rounds of their 5 stand would be alot of fun. It's right there by their covered pavilion and our whole group can sit and watch and laugh! If people think this will be too much shooting we can decide that day on whether to only shoot the 50 round sporting clays course and then the rest of our shooting at the 5 stand.

Last time I was there they did not have menu's at the 5 stand stations. You just did what you wanted. We shot with a few guys who wanted to just "surprise" us. You did not know from what station the bird was coming from. This was alot of fun and kept you on your toes for sure. We can play something like that if there is interest. I am willing to shoot the 100 round course as we first planned and then after the snack break and beverages, I will shoot more. Hope some will join me. Sounds like a busy day...

I am curious as to how far some of you are going to drive to attend?
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:53 pm  Reply with quote

We will be coming 3 hours + and we would love to shoot more if we can use our Marlin 90's .

Regards Charles
Stack16
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:59 pm  Reply with quote

I just returned from there this evening, Greg has changed the course again, A little more challenging, but still fun to shoot.
By the way, I did misspell Brevator Rd. on the drictions, I kept on spelling it with the letter d instead of t. I checked it out this evening.

Griff
Stack16
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:54 pm  Reply with quote

Would anyone attending this event be interested in any black rem hulls, once fired? I have 7 bags full that I could let go. Each plastic bag contains approx. 475 hulls give or take a few, will sell as containing 450 @ 6 cents each. $27.00 per bag. I'm not interested in shipping any at this time.
Let me know and I'll see you there.

Griff
Stack16
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:10 pm  Reply with quote

I forgot to say 16 ga hulls.

Griff
bhs61
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:29 pm  Reply with quote

I will be coming down Rt.61 from the north am I going to have trouble because of the Mississippi river water level? I can come through Alton but the traffic is worse.