16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  NEW WAD MOLD AND THE RELEASE DATE .
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:23 pm  Reply with quote

This is a pic of 3 of the slides the lower two show the cavity , the top slide shows the water jackets placed there for the cooling of the cavity .

This is a pic of the (B Plate ) this is where the slides will be placed in when done.

This is a Pic of the ( A Plate ) the upper portion of the mold , the B Plate is the lower portion , this is showing the mill cutting the runners where the plastic travels to each cavity .

This is a Pic of the top and bottom cores , these will look like the ones on the single cavity if you want to look up what they will look like when done go to that thread.

I visited the shop this evening and as you can see the mold is quite a little bit away from being done .

I quizzed Old Arnie about me thinking he was about 4 weeks out with the work load that I observed that needed to be done , he smiled and said that is about what he had figgured as well .

Being as he has to finish the mold himself with out the aid of Little Arnie
and taking care of his wife who has MS with all the Doctor visits for everyone it looks like I will be pretty close on my estimation of the compleation time .

So folks this is the update as best as I can provide you with , I personally think I will be heading to Downrange the week of August the 18th.

Arnie said he was sorry for all the delays , I told him that we all understood and it will be ready for us when he gets it done , this made him feel a little bit better about the whole thing , after all if it was not for these folks this wad would never have been possible for I could not afford the actual cost at another shop .

But I have a feeling that we are all going to get some more good news concerning the 16ga from ANOTHER SOURCE VERY SOON .

YHEPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE WHOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!

BOY AM I EVER EXCITED FOR THE RETURN OF THE 16GA .

Folks more and more people are watching us and are coming onboard with more and more for us to use .

This is a Pic of my new air rifle , I picked this up on the 4rth of July so I though I would show a pic of it .

It is a Quackenbush .457 cal will push a 500 grain 45/70 slug at 750fps with a 3000 psi fill .

The folks at the Flatwater shoot got to see my .50 cal but this one is even more powerful than the fifty .

Regards Charles
Jgoodman1933
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:32 pm  Reply with quote

Mr Hammack, thanks for the update on the wad you designed. I have never reloaded before. It seems like now would be the time to start. I have plenty of empty RGL about a thousand and 4 or 5 hundred of the old winchester AA I have'nt shot those yet. I think I will head over to the reloading site and see if I can find a recipe for Fall Phez. If I can't I will be sure to write you because I have a feeling you have a few ideas!!!

Lefty Dude
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:17 pm  Reply with quote

I have approx. 2K-RGL's & 1K-WW red's. 200 lb's of shot. All set a side for the new wads.

Bring em on Exclamation Wink
rizzini 16
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:42 am  Reply with quote

Charles-Keep up the good work, it'll be terrific to get hold of the new wad. I have really fallen in love with shooting 7/8 in my various 16's. In NSCA competitions I am hitting all the inside birds with ease. And, kinda nice on the shoulder as well as the pocketbook. best, Rizzy

Ash Goodwin
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:13 am  Reply with quote

Charles-

Like everyone has been saying, "Thanks for your good work."

And even more thanks for keeping us informed as progress or lack of happens. I for one really appreciate it. Too many, companies, people won't keep the client/customer informed.

Sometime even a call with an, "I don't know." will go along way to allieve my worries. I haven't been forgotten.

Look forward to the wad!

Thanks again.

ash

Because, without beer, things do not seem to go as well- Diary of Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery Munjor, KS 1902
Dave Miles
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:12 am  Reply with quote

I would like to see some load data posted ahead of time.
Is there any low pressure data for the Cheditte hull?
I just ordered another 5000 of the SG-16, as this is my go to wad, for both 7/8 and 1 oz. low pressure loads.
You can't stop shooting, while you wait for a new wad. Wink

gungho
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:59 am  Reply with quote

Thanks for doing all this.

Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:42 pm  Reply with quote

I visited with Arnie last night , finally all of those folks are getting to feeling better , it looks like around the first of Sept for a date give or take a little bit , the slides will be going to the heat treaters by the end of next week or the first of the next week so we are getting closer .

I am wound up as you folks to get the wad out for my inpending hunts coming up , but I have much bigger fish on the grill right now for us all.

This has been keeping me hopping and no time for anything else , so soon I hope to be able to let some of the cats out of the bag for you all to see .

Regards Charles
Scolari
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:21 pm  Reply with quote

I was just on the Downrange web site and they are showing a nice green colored 16 ga wad. "New for 2008". There is no description or data about the load size. Is this the 7/8 oz wad you all have been talking about? It's the only 16 ga wad they show.
brdetr
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:06 pm  Reply with quote

Yes, that is the wad that Charles designed and should be coming into production in September I believe.

Brian

Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:21 am  Reply with quote

Hello folks :

Arnie is on the verge of getting the mold done so it will not be long now .

And guess what ??? I and Ole Ben have had another twist of events , if what we are doing comes through ??? Then we are turning it around with a TRUE DEDICATED 7/8 OZ WAD right behind this one .

ARE WE NUTS OR WHAT ????????????

Will keep everyone posted , soon.

Regards Charles
David
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:00 am  Reply with quote

Charles,
Sounds great and I don't think you are nuts, well maybe a little.
Keep up the great work, and it is finally great to hear of someone taking on this type of project.
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:23 am  Reply with quote

A quick update .

Arnie is sending out the slides to the heat treaters on Monday , these will be gone a week for turnaround , the locks are already heat treated , I was there when he threw em in the oven ,

You ask why did he have to send out the slides when he has an oven ?? The oven he has is not large enough to handle the size of the slides, so out it goes to a larger oven .

We are on the last stages of the mold it will be done soon .

Regards Charles
pumpgun
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:18 pm  Reply with quote

I'll have to start eating all the puffed rice I've been using as filler... Won't need it anymore. Razz
Ron Overberg
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:52 pm  Reply with quote

Charles,
Grafs and son have the DR wad listed as available and in stock. Is this the one we are waiting for or are they pulling our leg?
Ron