16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  More 16ga Bis-Maxx options in 2009?
soloflyfisher
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:58 pm  Reply with quote

I dropped a note to the folks at Pinnacle Ammo (makers of Bis-Maxx shells) to see if they would consider expanding their 16ga offerings next year. Right now, they offer only two 16ga options (1 oz loads with either #4 or #6 shot). I'm hoping at a minimum they'll add #5 and #7.5 options to their 16ga lineup and maybe even consider a 1-1/16 or 1-1/8 oz load. I got a nice response from them, and while they didn't say they'd definitely expand their offerings in the future, they did say: "We are excited to see the interest generated in our return of Bismuth shells this year, and will be discussing expansion opportunities with our manufacturing facilities for next year's product line." If you're like me and use bismuth regularly and would like to see more options, it might be a good time to let Pinnacle know what you're interested in (you can reach them via their web site, www.pinnacleammo.com). Given the limited demand for 16ga ammo, they may not be able to accomodate all our desires, but it certainly can't hurt to let them know what you'd like to see them offer.
Leon Grant
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:18 am  Reply with quote

I sent a note also to Pinnacle Ammo regarding 16 ga. Waterfowl Loads. When Bismuth first came out they offered a 1 1/8 oz-3 1/4 dram load in 6's. in Boxes of 25. I bought a box and still have a few left. They worked great on Decoying Birds. The Bismuth Cartridge Code was MGL 16-6. I would like to see them come back. Also the original supplier offered a 12 ga. 1 1/4 oz. Load in 5's designed for Waterowl Hunters. I believe the Velocity was 1,330. I bought a case and loved them. I would hope they come back also. The Bismuth Cartridge Code was MGL 122S.
ALMODUX
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:12 pm  Reply with quote

How in the heck can someone call a 16ga load a 'classic' if it's not offered in a shorter length than 2 3/4"? Wink I tried to talk with the folks at Hevishot, before their 'classic doubles' loads in 16ga came out about filling this niche. They snubbed me, ignored the rest of the 16ga world, and then had the gall to call the load 'classic doubles',? Laughing More truly classic doubles of all gauges have 2.5" chambers than 2 3/4". I guess they meant just the 1980s classics? Laughing
Charles Hammack
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:09 am  Reply with quote

Hello ALMODUX :

Vintage is up to 1937 anything after 1940 is a classic .

Regards Charles
ALMODUX
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:44 am  Reply with quote

Laughing Either way, Mr. Charles, there's a LOT of 16ga guns getting ignored, when almost EVERY 16ga could shoot a decent 2.5" load.

So any A5 I have before 1940 is 'Vintage' and not 'classic'? Maybe they should come out with a 'curio and relic' load, then. Laughing

It's good to know that my son's Franchi 620 is already a classic. Wink
putz463
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:02 am  Reply with quote

[quote="soloflyfisher"]I dropped a note to the folks at Pinnacle Ammo (makers of Bis-Maxx shells) to see if they would consider expanding their 16ga offerings next year.

I dropped a note asking if they havce intentions of selling bulk shot to reloaders. With no response yet.

Also, just passing this along, I have no affiliation with the auction and dont shoot 12ga, it just seems like a decent deal for a pile of bismuth. http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=8840769

BK
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:33 am  Reply with quote

Leon Grant wrote:
Waterfowl Loads. When Bismuth first came out they offered a 1 1/8 oz-3 1/4 dram load in 6's. in Boxes of 25. I bought a box and still have a few left.

I didn't realize that it was possible to come back from a waterfowl hunt with ammo left over! Very Happy
510wells
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:38 pm  Reply with quote

BK wrote:

I didn't realize that it was possible to come back from a waterfowl hunt with ammo left over! Very Happy

You musta been at the wrong hunt. It's Dove hunting that you never come home with any unfired shells. Laughing

pbr streetgang
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:51 pm  Reply with quote

I second the old Bismuth 1 1/8 oz of #4's for ducks. I went three for three this morning with that load and I only have ten shells left. Embarassed
Anyway, I would like them to produce loads with 5's. 6's are fine for woody holes or teal but for bigger puddle ducks and especially divers 5's are excellent for decoying birds. Use the 4's on windy days or passing shooting. One ounce of 4's at 35-40 yards is a pretty thin pattern.
Lastly, I've seen better load combos in the twenty guage????WTF.
Citori_16
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:53 pm  Reply with quote

This is the email response that I received today form Pinnacle.

"We are currently working on establishing a manufacturing facility to producethe shot for sale in the US. Our intent is to have it available for salelater in 2009. Please keep in touch with us, and we'll be sure to keep you up to date as to when Bis-Shot will be hitting the market.

Sincerely Sal

Salvatore JLaMartina Pinnacle Ammunition Company sjlamartina@pinnacleammo.com www.pinnacleammo.com"
PatrickB
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:59 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Citori_16. Now the question becomes when in 2009 will we see Bis-Shot and how much $ per lb.