16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Trade components.
grouse gunner
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:35 am  Reply with quote

I know there are a couple of posters here who have substantial inventories of 16 ga. Winchester compression formed hulls on hand from the old days, so I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. I have the following components I'd like to trade for 16 ga. Winchester compression formed hulls:

500 once fired Black Remington Game Loads...trade for 125 Winchesters.

15 bags of 250 WWAA16 blue wads....trade for 375 hulls (25 hulls per bag of wads).

At this point I'm not interested in trading for anything other than the hulls. If nobody's interested I'll end up eventually using the stuff myself.

If interested send me a pm.

Thanks for looking.
RWG
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:01 pm  Reply with quote

Skeet shooting wearing out your stash of WAA16s? Pump guns can be hell on hulls. Especially when ejecting them in to mud and snow...
hoashooter
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:58 pm  Reply with quote

Never hurts to ask but the truth is -and I believe I speak for those with any amount of AA 16's--The dog,truck and wife would go first Embarassed Twisted Evil Seriously too bad there is a VERY limited number of these hulls left -I have NEVER seen any at gun shows ,yard sales ,etc.--there was a post here recently for some--12 bucks a 100 Shocked It would be great for Winchester to revive this hull now that Claybuster has the AA16 wad in production again Exclamation
Lefty Dude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:30 pm  Reply with quote

They are still around. last year I bought 6 or 8 new boxes of loaded rounds for $5.00 a box.

Have not shot them yet, saving for something special when it happens.

I also have some loaded with buck-shot. Wink

Yep, the Dog, Wife & what ever will go first. Smile
Dave Erickson
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:27 pm  Reply with quote

PM sent.
sheabert
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:13 pm  Reply with quote

here you go-the holy grail. too rich for my blood though.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=122302447
16crazy
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:32 pm  Reply with quote

I was the guy who sold them at $12 per 100. That was shipped so I felt was very inline with the market. After the sale it amounted to $9 per 100.
grouse gunner
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:02 pm  Reply with quote

Update:

First of all thanks to all for the views and responses. Sorry for the late acknowledgement. Got busy and forgot about this, thinking it was dead. (Looks like it is huh)!?

I knew I was swimming upstream here but thought I'd just try anyway. I didn't give my original offer a whole lot of thought except to try and be fair while possibly scrounging a few CP hulls in a swap that would bring some satisfaction to the other party too! It's obvious I was wrong! I just guessed at 4:1 for the hulls. Hope I didn't offend anybody or appear insane (or worse yet...unreasonably cheap). I know it's not likely to change anything but I'll take fewer Winchesters for the Rems if anybody wants to make me an offer before I take em' off the block.

Also it might not have been clear in my original post, but I'll trade individual bags of the wads for hulls too. I'm not looking for a whole quantity deal for the wads.

Russ...my "stash" is so small it's more rightly called a "small sample". About as useful as one of those teeny-tiny bites of cheese and crackers or salsa you get when the local grocer is hawking a new item. It's pretty much non-existent. The pumpguns are not all that bad in the winter. And when I short shuck from being frozen, it means I have one less to pick up and everybody gets to enjoy my acrobatics during the ensuing world class flinch manifested when I drop the hammer on a spent hull or empty chamber. Sometimes l almost sprain my "advanced middle age" neck while flinching so hard. See you around the club soon hopefully.

Again, thanks to all.
RWG
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:42 pm  Reply with quote

Greenville is having a a food fest on Sunday. Maybe I'll see you out there.
Lawerence
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:02 pm  Reply with quote

I have a box of empty AA's somewhere and a new flat of them loaded which I could shoot some of. I have plenty of Rem hulls but could use some wads.
I am in MD.
grouse gunner
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:39 pm  Reply with quote

Lawerence,

PM sent your way. Thanks.