16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Is an R16...
Citori_16
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:01 pm  Reply with quote

an R16 whether or not it has "power piston" attached to the name? Probably a stupid question, but I'm asking none the less.

Also, I have notations for Rem primers as Rem 209, Rem 209A, Rem 209P and Rem STS. Are these all the same, all different or what?

Thanks.
dogchaser37
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:03 pm  Reply with quote

The Remington R16 was/is called a Power Piston. It is made like all the other wads that Remington used that name for.

Remington 209P and 209STS are ballistically the same.

The Remington 209 is different than both of the above and Remington never made a 209A.
Citori_16
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:22 pm  Reply with quote

Thank you sir. That was just the information I was needing.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:19 pm  Reply with quote

Federal makes the 209A primer. or used to. I'm not sure they still do.
dogchaser37
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:14 pm  Reply with quote

Hey, 16gaugeguy, the gentleman asked about Remington primers, not Federal.

Pull your head out of your shorts and pay attention for once!!!

If you don't know if Federal still makes 209A, why don't you go to the Federal website and enlighten yourself, instead of prattling on about subjects you admit you don't know about.
skeettx
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:03 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen, Gentlemen
ENOUGH!
This is a nice site, lets keep it that way.
NOW!!

Enjoy the day
Mike
dogchaser37
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:15 pm  Reply with quote

Mike,

You may want to put up with this 16gaugeguy, I won't.

I am not the only person that is unhappy that this guy constantly puts in his 2 cents, on subjects he knows nothing about, or changes the topic, so he can write something about who knows what.

I will not put up with this nonsense, because I agree that this is a nice website.

I have learned quite a bit in the short time I have been reading the topics, and I intend to learn more, but this 16gaugeguy has got to respect the rest of us, and keep his BS to himself.
skeettx
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:31 pm  Reply with quote

Hello All

How about this, Y'all (heavy on the Y'all) live in CT and MASS. In Texas that is considered the same neighborhood. Maybe a meeting can take place between you two, have some coffee, shoot some targets, and learn to understand each other.

Is this worth a try?

He he he
Mike
dogchaser37
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:10 pm  Reply with quote

Mike,

How about this? Y'all (I was born in Bryan, TX) go and have coffee and learn to understand him.

While you two are making nice, I'll go shoot some targets.

Then let me know how it works out.

If you don't strangle him within the first fifteen minutes, it will be a miracle.

The funny thing is, that I might have met 16gaugeguy and never knew it. Between 1992 and 2000 I shot a fair amount of registered trap in Mass. Went to the state shoot a bunch of times along larger events at Singletary, Minuteman, and Royalston clubs. Even shot in a winter trap league one year around the Boston area. Wouldn't that be a hoot if i know 16gg.

But that can't be the case because all the Mass. guys I know are a fun bunch of folks to party and shoot trap with.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:46 am  Reply with quote

Citori_16 wrote:
an R16 whether or not it has "power piston" attached to the name? Probably a stupid question, but I'm asking none the less.

Also, I have notations for Rem primers as Rem 209, Rem 209A, Rem 209P and Rem STS. Are these all the same, all different or what?

Thanks.

Sorry about that DC57, but I think the man mentioned the 209A moniker. I put in my 2 cents to clarify some possible confusion here. Remington never made a 209A but Federal did. Or am I imagining it? Gee, I guess its time to have my meds checked. I might be hallucinating again. In the mean time, you might want to cut back on the caffiene. you seem a might jumpy. Laughing
dogchaser37
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:57 am  Reply with quote

16Gaugeguy,

If you bothered to read the first response it was already pointed out that Remington never made a 209A.

Like I said pull your head out of your shorts and pay attention.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:12 pm  Reply with quote

Well...in that case.....PLUUUURRRRBBB!!! Laughing

PS: You might have told the man who did make the 209A, but ya did'nt. Ya left the question dangling out there with its bare face hanging out. Is that what's upsetting you bunkie?? And what is this obsession with heads in shorts? Inquiring minds want to know. Question
dogchaser37
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:01 pm  Reply with quote

What bothers me about you 16gaugeguy, is that you always add some bullshit to a thread. It is normally wrong and/ or takes the the topic off base.

This reply of yours, you don't know if Federal still makes the 209A or not but you still insist on adding your 2 cents. How can you even call yourself a reloader if you don't know current components, The Federal 209A is hardly a one off import.

You really don't know a lot about any subject I have seen you write about. Which just misleads folks, that are looking for correct information. Your theories on internal and external ballistics are so off base that I am not always sure that you are still talking about things that happen on earth.

If a guy isn't absolutely sure about a subject, he should be a gentleman and read, not offer some cockeyed speculation or take the topic off subject, just so he can see his words in print. What I get from most of your answers and suggestions is that you want to be noticed.

That is what pisses me off.
Terry Imai
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:36 pm  Reply with quote

Mark Twain quotes:

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

Movie lines:
Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:47 am  Reply with quote

Federal 209A primers replaced the Federal 209 nearly a decade ago. The 209A is a much hotter primer and is on par with the CCI 209M. The 209A is a favorite of inline muzzleloading fans because it is so hot. The Federal and Remington primers look very similar and could be confused for each other by a less experienced reloader under the right circumstances. This point is significant, because confusing a Federal 209A for a Remington 209, 209P, or 209STS can and will cause higher pressures.

However, Alliant is now the parent company of both Federal and CCI. I've heard they are in the process of revamping the primer lines being offered. They have already redesigned the standard CCI 209 primer. It is a stronger, more consistant primer now, but not as hot as the Federal 209A or the CCI 209M.

So things are changing. I do not know how the changes will affect the Federal 209A or even it it has been discontinued. Regardless of any changes, existing stocks of the 209A will probably be around for some time to come. I hope this added info clears things up, and keeps folks out of trouble.

Boys, I've not been taking any of your recent shots too seriously. My own retorts here so far have been written tongue in cheek without any rancor. With few exceptions, like gun safety and reloading safety, everything we discuss or argue about here is just not serious enough to get all wanky over. But whether it is being done good naturedly or not, perhaps this recent sniping we are getting all caught up in should stop before site administration intervenes. Thanks