16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  LPG membership
dukxdog
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:02 pm  Reply with quote

I just read on another post which I chose not to hijack...The LPG pays for load testing? I joined a week ago but don't know what benefits come with membership other than seeing load data sheets. Everyone says to join but no one has said what is included. Can anyone give details?
RWG
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:15 pm  Reply with quote

dukxdog wrote:
I just read on another post which I chose not to hijack...The LPG pays for load testing? I joined a week ago but don't know what benefits come with membership other than seeing load data sheets. Everyone says to join but no one has said what is included. Can anyone give details?

The group is a place to develop and exchange reloading data for the 16 bore. Specifically, lower pressure data for older guns. IF this is of interest to you, shot me a PM and I will send you specifics about joining the group.
dukxdog
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:30 pm  Reply with quote

RWG wrote:
dukxdog wrote:

The group is a place to develop and exchange reloading data for the 16 bore. Specifically, lower pressure data for older guns. IF this is of interest to you, shot me a PM and I will send you specifics about joining the group.

I already am a paying member as stated above...thank you. I was asking about the load testing in my above post. I do not see anywhere in the LPG what comes with membership such as procedure to test loads and if some of the tests are paid for by LPG as stated in another thread. All I see is questions as in this forum and load data test sheets.
RWG
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:39 pm  Reply with quote

The best place to discuss submissions to the group is on the LPG's chatroom, not 16ga.com. We are not one in the same.

As a general statement, we do pay Tom Armbrust to test loads for the membership. If you have a recipe that may interest the group (which has not already been tested or similar to a previously tested load), submit it to us on the chatroom for discussion. If it appears to qualify as a lower pressure load producing at least 1100 fps with readily available components, we may agree to pay Tom to have it tested.

If you have any further questions please contact me via PM or on the chatroom. Thanks. Russ
Dave Erickson
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:37 am  Reply with quote

Russ, it must be my old crappy computer, but I haven't been able to access the "chatroom" in years!