16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  16ga French Hammer Gun F/S
Dongotto
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:41 pm  Reply with quote

16ga French Hammer gun. Very nice old hammer gun in 16ga 2 ½ chambers. 28 3/8in fluid steel barrels. 14 3/8 LOP over decelerator pad. Gun weights around 6lbs 8oz, the gun feels lighter than that, but my fishing scales say 6lbs 8oz, and it is choked cylinder/IC. Now for the good stuff. This gun was redone by a professional gunsmith that was once the shop foreman for Ithaca Classic Doubles. The action was recolor cased, barrels rust blued, checkering recut and refinished wood. The wood was refinished to purposely have a real look, and not a brand new look on an old gun. I have shot one box of RST low-pressure loads at skeet and the gun shoots well. I have not measured the drop, and while it is not set up like a target gun, the drop is not extreme and it very shootable. The engraving is not abundant but well done. Wood to metal fit is outstanding and when you take the forearm off and wiggle the barrels there is no play at all as the gun locks up very tight. The only down side I know of is that when you close the gun, you have to move the lever over a little from the right side to center with your thumb. The top lever is center to slightly right of center when closed. I never saw any need to have it fixed because the gun is so tight. Price is $1350 + shipping

Dongotto
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:36 am  Reply with quote

I have reduced the price to $995 + Shipping. I also need to add that the forearm fits a little loose, so i put a piece of leather in the slot and it makes it tight. There is some pitting in the barrels but certainley not a safety issue.

Thanks