16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  NIB BROWNING CITORI 525 16 GAUGE FOR SALE--26"
1steve7301
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:45 am  Reply with quote

I have a NIB BROWNING CITORI 525 Field Grade shotgun for sale in 16 Gauge with a 26" barrel. This 525 has very nice wood for a field gun. Price is $1399 and shipping is $40 to the lower 47 as no sales to California. For serious inquiries please email me for pictures. Thanks.

PRICE LOWERED TO $1299, AND THATS WHAT I HAVE INTO IT

Ok, I have not had one person inquire on this gun or request pics! What is wrong with this gun????? At this price I thought I would have much interest.

Last edited by 1steve7301 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
R J Talley
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:46 pm  Reply with quote

Please, somebody explain to me why shipping to an FFL in California is a problem. I'm just not seeing it.
k28ga
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:36 pm  Reply with quote

only an ffl can ship to california. an ffl must be registered with the state of ca to be able to get permission to ship a firearm into ca. most ffl's find that to be too big a head ache to acheive, so they just don't ship to ca. it is a hassle, but it is not all that hard, i registered with them, but i charge extra to ship guns to ca. for my customers, because of the red tape. you have to get a form from the ca. version of the atf and then name the ffl that you're sending to. that ffl has to be one of the registered ffls that ca. allows to receive guns. if that is good, you get a transfer number and then give the transfer number to the ca. ffl and he keeps it in his records along with the firearm information so that ca. may inspect every incoming transfer to see that it was pre-approved for said transfer. it all seems very petty, but it adds twenty minutes or so to my day if i am transferring guns to ca.

karl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:15 am  Reply with quote

Thanks Karl. The truth is, I prefer to go FFL to FFL simply because if I send money to an FFL and the gun never comes I have some recourse. Just sending money blind to a regular guy can and has left me holding the bag. I can appreciate the extra charge for dealing with my state government, (I live in the PRK) after all, they charge me for just about everything I do short of breaking wind. Thanks for the very complete answer.
Citori_16
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:16 am  Reply with quote

When has that changed? I've always been told that as long as you ship to a FFL in any state you are fine. What happens to a FFL holder in CA if they transfer a firearm from a Regular Joe from out of state that sold his firearm over the net private party to private party?

This just doesn't sound correct to me.
pumpgun
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:07 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcfaqs.php#2

Only applies to FFL holders?
BPGuy
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:25 pm  Reply with quote

k28ga wrote:
only an ffl can ship to california.

karl

karl, that's just not true. I sold a shotgun not too long ago to a gent in CA; the new law is written so that it specifically excludes non-FFL holders. The only "extra" action I had to take was to make a large, color photocopy of my DL, sign my name across it, and send it with the gun; I'm told that's the dealer's requirement, not the law.

Non-FFL holders can ship to CA w/out a problem, so long as you can find an FFL on the receiving end to deal with. The buyer did that.
k28ga
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:37 am  Reply with quote

BPGuy wrote:
k28ga wrote:
only an ffl can ship to california.

karl

karl, that's just not true. I sold a shotgun not too long ago to a gent in CA; the new law is written so that it specifically excludes non-FFL holders. The only "extra" action I had to take was to make a large, color photocopy of my DL, sign my name across it, and send it with the gun; I'm told that's the dealer's requirement, not the law.

Non-FFL holders can ship to CA w/out a problem, so long as you can find an FFL on the receiving end to deal with. The buyer did that.

i apologize for the error. i was told by a store in sacremento that only a registered with the state ffl could send a firearm to ca. he must of meant ffls only have that restriction. i registered with the state so i could send a marine friend of mine, his skeet shotgun. it had to go through an ffl there, and they informed me that unless i was registered with the state, they would have to send the gun back.

karl