16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  1950 Model 90 16GA
RAC
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:38 pm  Reply with quote

Here's what I know about this gun -

It's a Marlin Model 90 16GA with 28 inch barrels and two triggers. According to the experts on this forum, it was made in 1950, due to the G967 stamped on the receiver.

I bought it about 3 years ago from a friend who was selling his grandfathers collection (I bought the whole collection because there was a nice S&W 22 Mag revolver that I really wanted Smile).

I have not fired this gun and it has been sitting in a temperature controlled room in an old case for the last 3 years and probably wasn't fired for 20 years before that.

I don't know how to assess the condition, but if you look at the photos, I think you'll agree it is pretty sweet!

See the photos at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/cahaba98/MarlinModel9016GA#

I have searched the internet and found similar Model 90 16GA Marlins for anywhere between $550 and $750, so I will take any reasonable offer, but not less than $600.

I will ship it anywhere in the lower forty-eight to a dealer with a FFL. You pay the shipping and any fees from the dealer. Or you can come pick it up in Alabama!

Please PM me with an offer if you want to buy it. On Monday, 8/3, I will let the buyer know they have the best offer and I'll let everyone else here know if it was sold.

Thanks for your time and interest.
RAC
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:04 pm  Reply with quote

No buyer yet, and I wanted forum members to have first crack at it, but I said I would be posting today if anyone bought it or not. I will be putting it on GunsAmerica.com on Friday, 8/7, for $650, so purchase there on Friday.

Thanks,
Randy
RAC
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:17 pm  Reply with quote

This gun has been posted on GunsAmerica.com. Please go here if interested: http://www.gunsamerica.com/Classifieds/View/_943423729.aspx#
Jay Huber
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:27 pm  Reply with quote

Randy I am interested in your gun however I think you are priced too high. The newest BLUE BOOK rates a98% gun ( Which I think it is) at $425 + 15% ad on for a 16Ga. which comes to $488.75. Under the circumstances I offer you $490 + $20 shipping. I have a collectors permit which this gun falls under allowing you to ship directly to me if I present a copy to you. If you are interested in my offer you can contact me direct at huber7774@bellsouth.net

JAY

Jay Huber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:12 pm  Reply with quote

I see you have had no luck on Gun Broker and the other 90's haven' either. It just isn't that popular a gun. Yours seem to be in better condition than most I think so I will make you another offer. How about $600 and you pay the $20 shipping. Let me know at huber7774@bellsouth.net

Jay Huber

RAC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:25 am  Reply with quote

Sold on GunsAmerica - $600. Happy hunting!
Jay Huber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:23 am  Reply with quote

Sre you telling me you sold it to someone else or do you want me to buy iT per my offer of $600? Jay Huber