16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Ithaca 16ga Hammerless ??
sage1
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:27 pm  Reply with quote

Found a 16ga Ithaca Hammerless in a local gunshop. Price is 350.00 and I would have jumped on it but it has a big chunk out of the stock behind the receiver.

I'm still curious about it's year and value if anyone knows. Serial# is 122333 and on the side of the receiver is engraving that says Ithaca Gun ( or Gunworks ) Hammerless. Barrels are marked Smokeless Powder. The barrels are not damascus and the forearm is a splinter type.

The barrels don't look reblued but the receiver definitely is. With the barrels on the gun the tang is left of center. With the barrels off it's to the right. Without the splinter forearm on it feels tight but with out it it has a little shake. I took some pics and can forward them if anyone is interested.

Many Thanks

Sage1
Twice Barrel
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:41 pm  Reply with quote

By my serial number guide it would be a Lewis model made in 1906. Interesting that Ithaca only produced the Lewis for three years between 1904 and 1906 then introduced the famous Flues model in 1908.
sage1
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:06 pm  Reply with quote

100 years old. That's really something. Too bad it has a broken stock, it sure points nice. I should call the new Ithaca and see if they could restock it and go through the action for a "reasonable" cost.

If anyone would like to take this gun on as a project it's at the Carson Armory, just east of Carson City, NV.. 775 883 4409

S1
hoashooter
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:57 pm  Reply with quote

Someone will buy it and make a shooter out of it-------not me Wink