16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  How much of a difference between Grade I and Grade II/III?
matrobw
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:22 pm  Reply with quote

I just received my new Citori and thought it was going to be a Grade II/III as it was advertised but it ended up being a Grade I. Is there really any difference in price and quality of the wood and engraving on one versus the other? It is a NIB Gun and will consider keeping it unless there is a big difference between the two. Thanks
rdja
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:33 pm  Reply with quote

Should a significant difference in the wood. If you paid for a 2/3 and got a grade 1, I would be talking to the guy I bought it from.

Good luck.
ckirk
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:27 pm  Reply with quote

Was this a face to face transaction or internet? If the gun was shipped, I hope you did not accept delivery through your FFL. If you did accept delivery and you paid for grade II/III and received a grade I, you should request for a full refund (including shipping and transfer fees, IMO).

Just my two cents.

gunsrus
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:03 pm  Reply with quote

It's all subjective and up to Browning . If you don't like what you see then return it . I have some Brownings that have Grade 1 wood that are spectacular . I have bought Grade 6 guns with all the engravings and the wood was nothing to write home about . You need to see pics of the gun before you buy .